App..

Started by Reito, November 14, 2005, 10:13:58 AM

Meh. Do I need to change my host address back for my application to go through? It's been about fourteen hours without anything, and I'm just wondering.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

Dude.
It can take up to a day, right?  Fourteen hours is short by ten hours.

Further - not to sound like a crotchety old-timer (I am) but back (in the day) the rule was you had to wait up to seven days.  In the snow.  Uphill.  Both ways.   And I'm not joking!
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Again. I'm not complaining that it hasn't been checked, I just want to make sure that I'm sending it to the right server. Jeeze.
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

The crotchety old-timer is right about the 24-hour wait.

As for the other part of your question... I'm not sure what you mean by 'host address.'  Make you correctly disconnected from your account after sending in an application.

If you are talking about your email address, you do not have to have a correct address for your application to get accepted (or atleast, I don't think you do).  A notice about the application's status will get sent to the email address attached to your account, so you should try to keep that up-to-date (by changing it appropriately from the first Mantis menu).

Edited after reading last reply...

OH, you mean the MUD address.  I'm not sure if that matters.  I think it all gets sent to the same place, but if not.. hmm.

If you made application in client, then I doubt there is any chance for mistake. If you have a special case, and you are asked to send via mail, mud@ginka.armageddon.org.

Actually, if you are posting here if it may faster the application process.. Well, it would not be in any help also may make you feel frustrated. I know the feeling; continuously checking mail and mud if my character is approved or not. As many as I click the refresh buttom, I usually feel more frustrated and even angry. Take a walk, watch some silly TV show, call a friend.. then when you return back, most probably your PC would be approved.

PS. Also, an IMM recently posted here, sending good written, smooth applications may fasten the process. Just a tip for next time.. :)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Once again, it can take up to 24 hours for your application to be approved. If it has been less than that. Please be patient. Your request most likely went to the right server and is sitting in the app que waiting to be looked at.

If you haven't had difficulty in the past logging on to our server, then most likely we would not have difficulty seeing your app. Please be patient.

And Once again, please do not post on the GDB about your application. If it has been over 24 hours and you have not been approved for play or rejected, please email the mud account with an inquiry. Staff will not help you here.

Locking this thread.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.