Payday

Started by Bebop, November 09, 2005, 03:02:25 AM

Quote from: "Salt Merchant"
Quote from: "amoeba"
Quote from: "Salt Merchant"This would also help Imms see at a glance what's going on with the pay in their respective clans and whether a PC's claim is valid.

Not really. There would be people who would log in just long enough to get paid. Or those deserters/slackoffs would sneak in long enough to collect thier pay and run.  I remember a PC that used to -only- show up on payday, until he was shown the error of his ways. NPCs just ain't that smart.

Remember, all the NPC would do is report when the PC had last been paid. So no one could sneak in, scarf their pay and leave without dealing with another PC.  And if PCs start complaining it's been over a year since they were last paid, there would be hard evidence immediately available to the Imm to back them up.

I get where you are going with it, but it all seems very dry and  well..eh.  I think leaders and/or clan imms should be involved somehow. I just like the idea of the recruit needing to speak to a boss at some point. I mean that is part of the clan RP experience, even if that recruit deserves to be paid, something about handing over that pay personaly.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Quote from: "amoeba"I just like the idea of the recruit needing to speak to a boss at some point. I mean that is part of the clan RP experience, even if that recruit deserves to be paid, something about handing over that pay personaly.

I completely agree. I pictured the 'pay' command as something that would only work if both the PC eligible to be paid and the PC handling pay are face to face online.
Lunch makes me happy.

I apologise if my earlier comment led to the derailing of the thread into paying absentee/inactive pcs, but I do think it's one of the reasons why automated pay is bad. I think amoeba, picklehead and Delerium all put it well.

In the end, your superior is the one paying you. It's them you need to convince you earned your money. Your House as a whole probably doesn't care if you get your 500 sids a month or not, there are no fair treatment of worker laws. Pay is just a way to maintain loyalty among the ranks and give you reason to obey / report to whoever you're supposed to be working under.
subdue thread
release thread pit