Do Zalanthans ever change their sheets?

Started by JollyGreenGiant, October 27, 2005, 06:21:31 PM

Do Zalanthans ever change their sheets?

Yes.  Maybe even with linen spray.
2 (5%)
Maybe some people who can afford it, like nobles.
23 (57.5%)
No.  Zalanthans regard stains as just another fact of life.
11 (27.5%)
Ewwwwww.
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: October 27, 2005, 06:21:31 PM

Topic says it all, although I'd like to extend the idea to cloth and clothing in general.  Do Zalanthans wash out that cloak when it isn't bloodstained, or is the only time they bother to clean their pants when they've been up to their knees in sewage (and sometimes not even then).  Factors to consider: lack of water for washing, dry atmosphere resulting in fewer unhygenic conditions, lack of general knowledge about hygiene, general lack of deodorant resulting in people being accustomed to smells, etc.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

No. I don't think they do. Simply because only rich people would have beds that are like our beds on Earth.

Instead the bulk of the popolation would have mats, cots, their arm, and a mattress stuffed with sand.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

This is an interesting topic. I don't think they would, they'd probably consider it a waste of clean water.

On a clear day you might hang them out to air.   A clear non-dusty wind and plenty of bright sunlight can do wonders.  When I bought a futon the instructions said to air it out in the sunlight twice a year.  Airing won't get things as clean as washing with detergent and hot water, but it's better than nothing.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Sheets?  What sheets?
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I think the poorer people of society still clean their clothing and sheets occasionally, but they'd use sand to scrub out stuff like blood or whatever other excretions have befouled them.  If you're too poor though, I don't think you'd give a rat's ass how you looked or smelled.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Maybe they don't really change them, but airing and some good thumping from time to time is probably a good way to keep those funny little bugs away.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.