Apartment Code: Roomates

Started by Sephiroto, October 20, 2005, 10:59:20 AM

I'm a little fuzzy on the new apartment code.  For instance, if your friend pays for a room and adds you to the list, are you granted access to the room permanently, while the rent is paid, or for one visit only?  If the renter dies but the roommate doesn't the then renter is deleted from the system just like their bank account I'm assuming, so in that case to the roommate also get deleted because he/she is under the original renter?

This stems from case where a character was added to the access list, but after leaving the room, then logging out, and logging in then coming back to their apartment, was unable to return to the room.  Before submitting this as a bug I would like to get some clarification on how the code is meant to work.

Quote from: "Sephiroto"I'm a little fuzzy on the new apartment code.  For instance, if your friend pays for a room and adds you to the list, are you granted access to the room permanently, while the rent is paid, or for one visit only?  If the renter dies but the roommate doesn't the then renter is deleted from the system just like their bank account I'm assuming, so in that case to the roommate also get deleted because he/she is under the original renter?

This stems from case where a character was added to the access list, but after leaving the room, then logging out, and logging in then coming back to their apartment, was unable to return to the room.  Before submitting this as a bug I would like to get some clarification on how the code is meant to work.

I was under the assumption that once you added your roomate, then they would basically be a 'half-owner' of the room and able to do everything that you, as the initial renter, would be able to do with the room.  I'm hoping I'm right, but by the sound of what you described above... I'm not, unless there is some kind of a bug or there was a crash shortly after you added your roommate.  Hmm... I hope someone can answer this question on how the apartment code works.

Secondary renters should be able to always enter the apartment, so long as the rent is paid and the primary renter hasn't decided to take the other person's name off.

When the primary renter dies, their name does actually remain on the apartment.  However, in that situation, if you shoot me an email explaining the situation I can manually change the apartment's primary renter. Alternately, you can wait until the time expires and start over in your own name (somewhat riskier, as someone else could grab it if you're not quick).

The situation you've described sounds like there was a reboot/crash after the second person was added.  If that's not the case, please email myself and Raesanos so we can sort out the bug.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!