LuRvE

Started by Vesperas, October 04, 2005, 05:31:03 PM

Quote from: "ale six"I had a fairly promiscuous ( :oops: ) character...

Totally no comment.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"
Quote from: "ale six"I had a fairly promiscuous ( :oops: ) character...

Totally no comment.

Saying "No Comment" is making a comment..

Anyhow, personally I try and avoid the love thing with my current character. I am still learning my way around the easy stuff about Zalanthas, I have no desire to make an already complicated system even more complicated.

Depends on the character.

I've had a few that refused to settle down, one that was a total player, one that refused to get close to anyone, and one that fell desperately and obsessively in love.

All are interesting to play out for various reasons.  Avoiding your character's deeper emotions is really robbing yourself of some rich roleplay, regardless, so I like tending to the little things like why they might or might not fall in love.

I've had exactly two characters (each played for more than a RL year) fall in love. One did it only once and the other twice, and each time for reasons that were central to the character's concept. (there have been considerably more dalliances, particularly for one of the two, but I'm talking about the character actually falling in love) And in each case the ending of the relationship resulted in quite literally months of additional roleplay and, in one case, people still asking questions about the lover's actions and disappearance over 2 in-game years later.

I generally view a character's falling in love as a reason to completely change his/her behavior in order to continue that interaction, and as such it isn't something that happens quickly or regularly. It SHOULD result in a person changing their actions as a result of the other person - if it doesn't, is it really love? And of course, when you start acting differently, interesting things can happen.  :wink:

Quote from: "moab"I never had a character fall in love.  Then I met one of Shaleah's characters.  Rocked my world.  Love is as important as hate in this world.  Perhaps even more so.
Quote from: "Tamarin"Heh.  One of my characters fell for one of hers too.  And it was a twisted character too.  Ooh, I miss those days.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"*raises hand*

I was a half-giant at the time, too.  Thankfully it was more of a platonic love, or else ShaLeah would have been in need of a new character.
Quote from: "Agent_137"wtf shaleah got my char too.

*sobs*

My char was just a notch on the bedpost to her!

I feel so loved!!

Most of my characters die before they get the chance to let someone in that deeply, it's the long lived characters I have to worry about because sure as shit, as scared and shaking as I get when I'm about to croak, the heart wrenching chaos of falling in love (particularly with the wrong man!!) is completely devastating.

I've said it a million times on here, for me a good roleplayer is one who evokes emotions, be it love, lust, melancholy, joy, hatred, fear or whatever. It's all about the feeling! Makes you feel more alive than any book ever read.

Oh, and by the way guys.... I agree with the below :twisted:
Quote from: "RunningMountain"Weak pathetic fools.

Just kidding... My bitches... errr... women... loved each and every one of you. You're all special... less it was all the same bitch, then you all were suckers cause I had ONE bitch that was totally cold and evil.  **innocent eyelash flutter**

When in doubt, check out my signature.

ShaLeah
-who misses that evil ginka like an addict missing heroin... *lesigh*
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"
Quote from: "ale six"I had a fairly promiscuous ( :oops: )character...

C'mon, let's be honest here.  :lol:

I guess I walked into that one. But I still hate you. Look what you started!

I sorta haven't  found love in Arm yet I try but people just keep turnin me down...I think I'm gonna play a really fucking horny woman that will do anything for a quick mudsex heh maybe I'll find LuRvE.
 silver-shelled inix snorts and charges at you.

In ten years of roleplaying on various muds, my current character is the first one that is in a love relationship.  It wasn't planned out.  It just sort of happened to work out that way, just as it does in real life.  I think it takes much of the fun out of it, if you PLAN to fall in love in the game or LOOK for it.  Just roleplay with other people and see what happens.
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

This is all so amusing to read  :lol:

Sorry for having fun at all of your expense. I deal with a real life relationship and reading the innocence of some of you is truly precious   :D

My two cents are that I come here to have fun and not experience the things I have in real life. Therefore, if I am in a "relationship" here in the game it better be unusual or different than what I already have. BDSM, bi, weird fetishes and such work for me  :twisted:  Cuddly-love just doesn't interest me since I have my Cuddly Meter at full.

Hey, I got to play through a Romeo & Juliet scenario once.  It was fun as hell...well, until I drank the poison.  That stopped being fun.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Inix59"I sorta haven't  found love in Arm yet I try but people just keep turnin me down...I think I'm gonna play a really fucking horny woman that will do anything for a quick mudsex heh maybe I'll find LuRvE.

Heh, no offence, but judging by this post and that girlfriend announcement you made before, it sounds like you're treating the game like a cybersex chatroom.  Also, you sound like a 13-year-old, come to think of it.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Quote from: "Larrath"I've had some hideous characters in the past who've had success with the ladies when they shouldn't have, and when that happens I tend to put less weight behind it than I would if it was some more realistic character.

Were they rich?  :wink:

Quote from: "Draedera"

Sorry for having fun at all of your expense. I deal with a real life relationship and reading the innocence of some of you is truly precious   :D

Not everyone who engages in IC relationships in MUDs is motivated by a lack of RL love. For many, it just belongs to the realistic roleplay.

Quote from: "Akaramu"
Quote from: "Larrath"I've had some hideous characters in the past who've had success with the ladies when they shouldn't have, and when that happens I tend to put less weight behind it than I would if it was some more realistic character.

Were they rich?  :wink:

One of those characters were not only not rich, but they were also gemmed.
Well, like I said before, newbies don't count in this and the true f-mes are extremely rare - but to me, they're disruptive.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I've had characters work up some truly soul shaking hates. (something I've never been able to work up in RL.)  
But no loves as yet.   Of course most of my characters are untrusting bastards.   I like to play what I know. :)

I guess it all depends on what your idea of fun is. To me, why I play this game, and what I find fun about it, is the chance to play a character in a story and that story is always changing, always moving. So I won't corner myself and say that my PC will not fall in love. It might not be an active goal or care for my PC, but I wont deny the posibility of it happening. I just like to let things develop organically.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

It's human nature to fall in love, and it's human/elf/dwarf/etc nature to want to have sex.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".