Special apps

Started by Ritley, September 04, 2005, 07:33:28 AM

I am an newbie of Armageddon Mud, only been playing a little while, but I had the chance to play an Magicker once, and it was my favourite character ever, and want to play another one, because I seem to enjoy playing Magicker's more than any other guild. I don't know why, I just do.

So, I sent an email to naiona@armageddon.org asking if she would consider letting me play a magicker, if I sent her an Special App. However she has not replied, and it's either she doesn't like me :cry: , or she is not getting them, is the email above correct?
if so, anyone know another staff member to send Special App's to.

Read through this: http://www.armageddon.org/general/special.php

Special Apps are not a staff priority as I understand it so they generally take quite a while to process from start to finish i.e. weeks. I've never special app'd anything but patience is required when doing so I imagine. You can play away with another character in the meantime and take up your special app role when it does get approved.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Further to Boggis' post, Naiona has posted the following:

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14851

If it has been longer than 15 days - then, by all means, send in another email.  If it has been less than 15 days be patient.

Ooh, I didn't know Naiona was busy, sorry  :oops:

Also, as I have posted in the past, the time to research and reply to special applications is anywhere between 1 and 30 days.  Please feel free to email after that time period if you have still not been replied to.  A period of a few days or a week does not mean you are being ignored.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

Yeah, sorry. Also, I forgot to put the "ginka" in the emails, that might be part of the problem.
Edited about 3 times to correct typos. LOL

Also, Naiona is hard working that she says she will reply in 15 days. My first special app went through in a month and it was _normal_.
Special application is just a favor to characters from the imms. If an imm requires to spare his/her time for House xxx he/she's responsible with, correct 14 bugs and 3 typos also make a new NPC, he/she will perhaps delay reading the special apps, because as I mentioned, they're low priority.
So as far as I know, you're free to make another real - not a fill-in -character, play it for even months. When the special app is approved, you're given the option to make the character you sent the special app for and you're free to make it after your current character dies. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

By the way, special apps are also some kinds of 'test of trust'. If you play it right, the staff usually lets you keep that option to play later. Especially if it's a special app for a magicker, I advise you to play it as realistic as possible, since first magickers usually tend to die too fast. Prove that you have the right mindset to play one before you die! :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Ritley"I am an newbie of Armageddon Mud, only been playing a little while, but I had the chance to play an Magicker once, and it was my favourite character ever, and want to play another one, because I seem to enjoy playing Magicker's more than any other guild. I don't know why, I just do.

So, I sent an email to naiona@armageddon.org asking if she would consider letting me play a magicker, if I sent her an Special App. However she has not replied, and it's either she doesn't like me :cry: , or she is not getting them, is the email above correct?
if so, anyone know another staff member to send Special App's to.

Just as a note.. up in Staff Announcements Naiona mentioned that she is a contractor for FEMA.... at a guess she's a bit busy at the moment.
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."