Clouds and Rainfall

Started by Curious Kankshit, July 27, 2005, 07:59:27 PM

Now, I havnt done my research er nothing but, doesnt a severe humidity cause rainfall? Now Id suspect after a while of Zalanthas' extreme weather they're bound to get a few rain clouds storming over one side of the Known World. Just wondering what peoples views are about this. Also, what of The Grey Forest up north? How do those many trees and shrubery get enough water to live? I know some trees have deep roots to draw in ground water but if that was the case all any Zalanthian would have to do is dig a somewhat deep hole to get to all the water they'd need for a life-time. They could just suck it outta the moist soil.

I'll answer your question with a question:  Where are you getting the idea that there is severe humidity?  I've never read anything about that.

As far as plants getting enough water I'd guess that they have deep roots giving them access to some moisture below the surface where the sun evaporates water and I'd also guess that Zalanthan trees have a lot in common with cactii as far as how they deal with arid climates.

As far as any character knows, there is no rain on Zalanthas. Any refrences to rain would have been lost in time, and are now, at best, mere legends and vague folk tales of ages long, long past.

As for what keeps the Grey Forest alive...find out IC. ;)
Tlaloc
Legend

If there is rain out there in Zalanthas somewhere you'll have to find out IC.

Zalanthas is one incredibly dry place, though. I wouldn't hold your breath. Even the Grey Forest isn't particularly humid: check out the room descriptions. It's not your typical stretch of trees.

A topic I made a long time ago... best discussion about the water cycle on Zalanthas I've ever seen.
Read it. Love it.
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4329&start=0
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Never one drop of rain on Arrakis .. er, Zalanthas!

Many many years ago I wished up asking how the heck all the plants stay alive without rain.  The reply I was given was: underwater rivers.

There are a few areas in game described as being humid, but not many.

I've seen things IC that would answer some of your questions about how water gets to plants.  However, to find these things that I have seen IC out, you will have to find out IC.  Let it suffice to say that it is at least possible to infer the answers based on what you can find in the game world, and that the answers may very well be different based on what part of the world you are in.

As for plants, take a look at the description of a whipleaf on the web page.  Not all plants are going to have the same means of getting water.  Even the plant life on Zalanthas can be...badass.  Bring back the corpse vines!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

i wonder how much panic maby caused from a massive rain storm, they be like OMG THE HIGHLORD IS TRYING TO DROWN US.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

???.. Huh?!
some of my posts are serious stuff

Free fucking water?!?! Tek himself is blessing us with this free water that tastes good! My apartment fell down, but I get free water! Everything smells really bad and my family died because they drank too much water and turned purple, but I got free water, and their stuff to sell!
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Lol. and rivers filled with flow threw the rinth towards the great well
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com