learning magic

Started by adrien, July 16, 2005, 11:27:02 PM

I heard it was possible for a basic Pc like an old elf no magick subclass can learn basic magic skills

Is this true?
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I think I was just reading over some helpfile or an old thread or whatever, something like that. And I actually saw written something along the lines of: PC's without a magick-based guild cannot learn magick.

So, unless that helpfile or thread was proved wrong at a later date, I'd say the answer is no.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Go ahead and try it. That would probally make you a sorcerer.

But you can't become an elementalist, as that is an inate ability.

edit: elvenchipmunk is also right.
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.

You can try to find out IC.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

We do know that sorcerers of all type have no innate energy to achieve magick. They had learned it in a way. How? Too IC. How long would it take for a char to learn? Too IC. Would it ever be allowed? Bah.. I guess even that is too IC.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Mean_Old_Bastard"Go ahead and try it. That would probally make you a sorcerer.

But you can't become an elementalist, as that is an inate ability.

edit: elvenchipmunk is also right.

_Anything_ is possible.
You may find that it is quite possible to have a warrior become a magicker within the game.

I once had a water cleric that prayed to Muk (years and years ago - this is the character of mine that I'm proud to say that Hal allowed to nearly starve to death...but that's a long story!) and he lost his magick and became a warrior.

So it is _quite_ possible.  Just plan it out, send a mail to the mud and whichever Imm so they know what's going on and then change your objective.

Oh - and then RP trying to find the change.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Dunno who locked this, but yes, anything is -possible-.  This one in particular is -unlikely- at best.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]