I've done it!

Started by Alnir, July 08, 2005, 08:12:32 PM

My first twenty four hour character is alive! Woohoo :333333

grats

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Shouldn't do that.

You could die while you're typing your message in the GDB.

I broke that barrier with my second character, then after that one, promptly went on a six or seven character binge of short-lived, exciting characters.

Just wait until you break ten, twenty, and thirty for the first time.  You'll lovez it :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I could not break the 24 hours until my fourth.  I think.  And even that one died after a few hours.

The one following that lived a few more hours than that.  The one following that lived a few more hours.  And so on.. The final one made a very big jump though.. Still on the jump.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Heh.. I still find this strange. I've never had a character that lived less than two days. My longest was about 47 days.  My very first one, a half-elf ranger with mostly newbie clothes and a simple wooden spear lived five days, only to die because he followed a stupid direction during the mantis invasion of Tuluk.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'll try to die quicker in the future.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

I had 4 or so that lived elss than a week. Then one that lived almost 40 days. (I can't believe I play a game that much)
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

You guys are talking about playing time, not character's existence time, right?
Given the choice between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I would have the courage to betray my country." - E. M. Forster

Quote from: "Nyard"You guys are talking about playing time, not character's existence time, right?

Yes.  Though for a truely dedicated player they should be the same.  Right up until hour 63, when you fall asleep at the keyboard.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "Nyard"You guys are talking about playing time, not character's existence time, right?

Yes.  Though for a truely dedicated player they should be the same.  Right up until hour 63, when you fall asleep at the keyboard.

Must be talking about my wife, except it usually takes far less than 63 hours.  The irritating thing is when she complains the next morning about her keyboard being "broken".  Seems if you fall asleep long enough with your fingers at the keyboard, good old MS XP deciedes you must be disabled and turns on the accessiblity options. Took a bit to find that one. Usually it's just an icon renamed with an extremelly long string of commas or some such thing that I have to fix.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

My first 10 or so characters all had "safety nets" and my longest lived one almost made it to 3 days. My first character that was out on his own without any protection except what he could give himself lasted nearly 10 days. Go figure.
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.

Gah, I had 16 hours on my first character and I died today a very shitty death.  That felt good to vent, congrats though ^_^

My personal worse is 4 hours.

My personal best is 7 days 20 hours play time. I look forward to beating my personal record there.

grats on the 24 hour mark, arm's learning step is huge, but once you break it down to size - the sky is the limit.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Quote from: "amoeba"

Must be talking about my wife, except it usually takes far less than 63 hours.  The irritating thing is when she complains the next morning about her keyboard being "broken".  Seems if you fall asleep long enough with your fingers at the keyboard, good old MS XP deciedes you must be disabled and turns on the accessiblity options. Took a bit to find that one. Usually it's just an icon renamed with an extremelly long string of commas or some such thing that I have to fix.

I read this post and I simply had to put my opinion in there which is, I have that very same damn problem with my girlfriend as well. Amazing. Except, instead of the accessibility options, she managed to turn on some damn application within Windows XP called "Sticky Keys." Now, had I known about this function of Windows, this would have been an easy fix but since I did not know about this, I could not create (~) (tildes) and therefor stopped playing Armageddon for five months in disgust. Until, just recently, I figured out how to reproduce what she did and figure out about "Sticky Keys." Incredible someone else is having this very same problem with their significant other.

- Demonaire -

Sick...just absolutely sick. :) Although I hope to get a char up to those days...someday.

My best is around 13 days or so.

Worst...just over three hours...with an elven pickpocket with AI agility. ARGH!
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.

You guys are pessimistic. I'm gonna play my guy so long, he's gonna branch defilery, ultramindblast, ninjakick and ironsmelting.

Only merchants can branch ironsmelting and they can't branch the others.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Jstorrie,

Beat you to it. You also branch off ninjakick but I'll let you figure out what.

Don't worry, Delirium. I already found out.

And Cenghiz, didn't you hear that some subclasses branch, now?

They CAN branch, but that does not mean they can yet.  By this I mean that it is not necessarily implemented that they DO...the only thing we know for certain is that they CAN.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.