Keyword: Captain

Started by My 2 sids, June 27, 2005, 12:42:17 AM

Quote from: "Dracul"Well if someone did to emo points at ~bob and abused it in such a twinkish way. Well thatd be twinkery handled by the imms.

If someone pointed at '~bob', it would simply display his sdesc.  And if someone did "tell templar (pointing at ~est) That's her, M'lord Templar, Est the Chest", then it's completely realistic.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Cindrak"It's kind of stupid that you can look at a room full of unknown characters and think to yourself, "Well, I know the killer's name is Bob..." and then:

emote points an accusing finger at ~bob.

That's all I meant by posting about the bob thing. And that -that- would be twinkish. About it only displaying the sdesc, of course, yes.
But this is a few posts rambling away from the topic...afterall.

I like the idea of naming someone like titling people with keywords when you meet them. But that sounds like extra coding and who knows what.

As for 'captain' I'd suggest changing objective and wishing up for now. Imms seem quite cool about adding keywords.
Veteran Newbie

Seems too complicated for dubious benefit.

And I wouldn't want a character's rank as a keyword.  Fuuuuuck no.

>look north
To the north is North:
The tall figure in a badass cloak is here.
The tall and thick figure in a badass cloak is here.
The short figure in a badass cloak is here.
The tall and thick figure in a badass cloak is here.
The figure in a badass cloak is here.
The figure in a badass cloak is here.

>shoot lieutenant north
You steady yourself and take aim...

Yeah, heh.  No.

Plus, when you get into (as some people have pointed out) characters that are double-agents or secret parts of this or that group, you DEFINITELY don't want your rank added as a keyword.

Personally, I don't care either way...but I wanted to point one thing out.  For those of you saying that we shouldn't have it because it could be twinkishly abused, you can abuse emote too, so we should have that taken away from us as well, right?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Emoting can't kill people (directly).