Analyze

Started by Alnir, June 26, 2005, 12:34:01 PM

Now, When I try to Analyze something, All I get in my prompt is something like..

analyze spear

Then nothing. I don't even know if I started to analyze it, or if I couldn't or something. Any chance that we could get maybe a..

You begin to look over <whatever you were analyzing>?

If you were trying to analyze a spear, you should have the skill spearmaking, and the level you have it at should be high enough.  You can't analyze something if you don't have the skill to make it, or a high enough skill.

Analyze is an 'instant' thing.  If you can analyze it, you'll get the components right away.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

If the object you're trying to analyze can't be crafted, you will recieve a blank output line.  It looks like that was the case.

But I /did/ have spearmaking. I guess my skill wasn't enough, though.

If you lack the skill needed to craft the object, you'll get a message saying that you don't know how it was made.
If you have the skill but the object is restricted for a particular clan to craft, you'll get a message saying that you're not familiar with the style.
If you have the skill but its level is too low, you'll get a message saying that you're not sure how the item is made.

If the object can't be crafted at all (at least intentionally, any residue you might get from failing to craft something won't always point back to its source with analyze) then you'll get a blank prompt.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Alnir"Now, When I try to Analyze something, All I get in my prompt is something like..

analyze spear

Then nothing. I don't even know if I started to analyze it, or if I couldn't or something. Any chance that we could get maybe a..

You begin to look over <whatever you were analyzing>?

A lot of store bought items can't be analyzed even if they are something you ought to be able too.
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."