Kank vs. Elf

Started by theebie, June 22, 2005, 03:11:01 AM

ELF WINS.

FATALITY!

*cough*
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Heh, I just realized PC elves will never, ever ride a mount if their life depends on it. Mainly because mounts are impossible to move if you've never ridden on it (do elves even get the ride skill? It's a rhetorical question)

Quote from: "John"Heh, I just realized PC elves will never, ever ride a mount if their life depends on it. Mainly because mounts are impossible to move if you've never ridden on it (do elves even get the ride skill? It's a rhetorical question)

Rangers do, and they can ride pretty much right away. I think the ride skill should not be availblle to elves, it's silly to see it in your skill list.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

So what about a desert elf without a desert background? If I wanted to make an elf that could roll with the bym homies (without the added frusteration of a tent) what would I do? Would I have to special app?

Yeah, you'd mail the Bym imms and CC mud@ginka.armagedon.org. I believe it's been accepted before. Though it's been debated, desert elves are, last I heard, not genetically different from city elves. It's merely upbringing - and there are elves enough in the Bym to have a kid for the organisation to train.

I'd like to raise the question of whether a city elf would ever run with a Byn unit on a patrol, carrying a tent or having it carried for him, and holding up the group with naps. I think city elves, while knowing in their hearts that they might be inferior to kanks, would rarely put it to a test, and even more seldomly make it a public one. Perhaps they can forget being inferior here if they feel they are absolutely vital later in the mission..
There are several positions in the Byn suitable for average city elves, but their out-of-city work may be best limited to all-out war-time campaigning at a battlefield not too far.

Quote from: "Anonymous"So what about a desert elf without a desert background? If I wanted to make an elf that could roll with the bym homies (without the added frusteration of a tent) what would I do? Would I have to special app?

Desert elves typically would not be living without a tribe of their own, and so wouldn't likely even be in the Bym. And if you wanted a city-elf that could run like a desert elf, it isn't much of a city-elf now, is it? If you thought you would absolutely need to "roll with the bym", then a different race such as a half-elf/human would be a better alternative than an elf (both desert or city). There are docs on the elven persona which would better clarify some aspects on elves.
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

Actually...I could see an elf as claiming the byn to be their tribe. And...if they were raised in the desert...with the byn. Well why not?

But the also why not let there be desert huma-...err...no. I could see it workign though
Veteran Newbie

A desert elf without a desert elf background is a special application at best.  You should probably work a concept like that out with both the special app imm (Naiona now, I think), and the desert-elf staff (Bhagarva, currently, if I'm not mistaken or this post isn't outdated as you read it).

I doubt this application would be approved, unless it were relatively remarkable.

-- X

ps -  This thread is pretty well answered, and definitely starting to wander aimlessly, so I'm going to lock it.