weird question.. and yes, I'm an anonymous coward..

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2005, 06:13:15 PM

Okay, one post says:
QuoteI always play my characters as looking at females "below" him

and then you go on to say

QuoteI wish that the players would try to reiterate this equality more

Aren't you a player?  If you want to see this more in evidence (I think that's what you mean by reiterate), maybe the change should start at home.  Or is it just those damn women again, playing badly?  Damn them.  Don't they know they should play how they like, despite all the male PCs looking at them as lower in status?

Sure I'm a player, but I like certain roles, I'm still very open-minded though and may one day try to make something akin to what in my eyes should be a female on zalanthas.  Tough. Muscular. And very homely.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I fail to see the reason behind every single character believing that women are below him.  Women work just as hard, if not harder than men.  

Why do I say they work harder?  Because they are the ones who have to bear the children, and often times they end up working until they go into labor because they can't afford not to.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Good point, but not every character of mine does, only certain ones with the personality to.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"Sexism should be existance though, and I always play my characters as looking at females "below" him...
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

"my" characters as in the characters that would have reason to look at females below him, rough mercenaries, veteran soldiers, and most lone hunters.  I played a benjari merchant that saw woman as equal, even though I never came across any nomadic woman.

I still don't see why those types of characters should look down upon women.  There are many, many rough mercenaries, veteran soldiers, and lone hunters that are women that are just as good at what they do as any man.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "RunningMountain"Sexism should be existance though, and I always play my characters as looking at females "below" him...

This Ain't Earth....  Females here are just as mean nasty and strong as men....

""Deal with it mahn!!!""
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

I'll make sure to kick a few crotches next time I've a pc out and about wearing dainty little heels.   :roll:

Having said that. Locking this post. I don't think there's anything more to be added to it.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.