Hide <body>?

Started by Alnir, May 18, 2005, 11:53:02 AM

How about it? For assassins and such, instead of having a body just laying there, why not be able to stuff it in a crate, or locker, or something? Even if its out of view, it'd offer a chance that people didn't know what was going on.
For instance.

The gangly, lithe elf shoves a knife into a hobbled, old grey man!

The hobbled, old grey man stumbles to the ground, dead.

The gangly, lithe elf grabs the body, and puts it behind a nearby crate.

?

As far as I know, you CAN put bodies into containers of suffecient size.

If you aren't strong enough, you can't even lift a body by yourself, and need assistance.  You should probably worry about this before even trying to stuff a body away somewhere to hide it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

When I'm in the wastes I emote burying the body under a few feet of sand and then junking it, assuming that within a day its bones would be picked clean by scavengers.

In the city I don't have as much experience.  I guess you could emote putting it under a heap of garbage.
Back from a long retirement

I thought there was a post a little while ago where the Imms made bodies not junkable anymore, so that you have to wish up to get rid of them.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

No junking if possible...from my perspective, even if you can. Though please do something about leaving bodies just hanging around...it's quite annoying when you begin to see body after body just lying there with no emotes attached.

Oh, and about having emotes attached to bodies...I've been able to do it too -some- bodies, but for some reason recently, I've been unable to do this. Is there a condition which has to be met for you to be able to do this?
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

Dontcha gotta be able to drop them first?  :P

Most of my characters can't lift the average corpse.
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote from: "Sakra"I thought there was a post a little while ago where the Imms made bodies not junkable anymore, so that you have to wish up to get rid of them.

Which I believe they will do...I was playing a char that murdered someone and getting rid of the evidence was a highpriority, so we emoted a pretty long scene of using an axe to hack the body up giving ourselves a realistic amount of time to be caught.

Wished up, and the imms got rid of the body for us. We then dropped a few things with descriptions of being covered in blood or in a puddle of blood and guts. And went on our merry way.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

No (ex)lovers' skeletons in the dresser. *sigh*
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Quote from: "Anael"No (ex)lovers' skeletons in the dresser. *sigh*

Says who? It is possible to put a skeleton into a dresser. Just gotta be creative.  :twisted:

Well, first we'd need it to be able to decay -into- a skeleton..

(which would be fuckin' hardcore)
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Use objects!

In a broad, cylini-paneled closet:
A pair of dirty, rough-leather boots are here, fitted loosely to the feet of a half-rotted skeleton.

Bwahaha.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.