Too big/Too small

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2005, 03:10:21 PM

I recently bought a set of pants and it was too big for me to wear and I would need tailoring to be able to wear it.wtf? I understand if something is too small but why too big? You could just tuck the bottom of the pants into your boots or something, would that not make sense?

The waist of said pants could also be too big for you.  You wouldn't want your pants falling to your ankles while you're out and about, would you?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Besides, it stops everyone making tiny characters for a coded benefit.

No offense, but this question made me laugh...  

What if they were like, half-giant sized pants and you were like a dwarf or small human or something?  You'd be tucked into the pantleg somewhere, with your head poking out of a hole in the ankle.. heh.  Heck, even if you were a tall mul, you'd still probably be able to use the pants as a tent.

Anyway.. yeah, that won't work.. you got to get them tailored or find a shop that has multiple items of the same type so you can just "buy" them and get your size automatically.

If it is any consolation, in my experience getting a large item cut down is usually much cheaper than having a small item enlarged.  Which makes sense, because it is easier to take in a pair of pants than it is to stitch in new panals of fabric to make them big enough for you halfgiant-sized butt.   :D

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins