Objective length

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2005, 05:03:36 AM

Quote from: "Akaramu"Tamarin, there were plenty of arguments why the background is the wrong place for such. Did you look at them at all?

I'll add that in my experience the mud account imm is so overloaded that it can easily take weeks until a request is taken care of. Why burden the mud account even more? Imagine just HALF the playerbase sending weekly background updates.  :shock:

In light of this, I'm going to shift my position somewhat.

Personally, I think the info from the stat command is long enough as it is.  I wouldn't want another whole paragraph added to that.

The obvious solution to this is to have a new command, that typed alone displays this "extended objective paragraph", or with some sort of parameter, can be used to input lines into a longer paragraph.  I also don't like this, because I LOATHE typing paragraphs of text into a mud.  If you make a mistake, you have to erase the whole thing and start over.

What I -would- like to see, is the ability to log into your character through some sort of html/php interface, where you can view your character sheet, and edit a section called simply "notes".  This would be linked to your character, and could either be archived as you go along, or simply changed to something new.  And since it's through some sort of GUI, it would be much easier to edit a paragraph, and correct grammatical flaws and such.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Damn...AC has some great ideas.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

AC ISn't a Goddess.

But has some great ideas I'd love to see implemented. And neither of which really any more abusable then the emote command. I could see leaving a blank line between the main desc and the temp. desc in order to tell what was okayed by staff and what wasn't though. So the second part could possibly be taken with a grain of salt if something is obviously out of whack.

Perhaps even make these two things completely temporary. Lasting only while logged in. So that they aren't always taking up more resources.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I don't think it would take any more resources than your regular description, but either way I'd have to agree it could only be if you were online, because some of it would be useless the second you change something...Remove a hood etc.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict