Transfer between the bank accounts

Started by eska, January 25, 2005, 10:12:25 PM

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Why? Because Pc's over hunt and make a shitload of 'sid.
They see a bard's performace and give too much to the PC bard, than most average citizens would.

I doubt any noble house could afford to spend 400-700 per worker a month, where they don't obviously don't have a very steady supply line (tor). It is exaggerated to be playable.

This is Zalanthian economy. It is good that things are valued a high amount of obsidian coins. It makes every price more specific and accurate. The only downside is the weight of the coins you have to carry around.  :wink:

Halaster- Good point, a joint account system definitely wouldn't be worth the time to code. The only thing about using Bob's account is that Bill can't get his money back from Bob without Bob being there, had they wanted to share an account. Also, Bob could just stick his nose up to Bill one day saying that Bill won't get his money back. Of course, it was only an idea, I don't even want it submitted into the game. If you want to joint account, chances are you're rich enough to buy your own space to keep your own money.

Quote from: "Akaramu"A sack of flour costs 10+ sid. One portion of raw meat that keeps you satiated for a day 15+ sid. Considering those prices, a few hundred on the bank isnt much at all.

And that's not even starting on WATER, which, yes, even the VNPCs have to drink.  I think players' conceptions of the life of the average Zalanthan is a little skewed toward the dirt-poor side.  The way I usually hear it portrayed, those commoners must die of hunger and thirst pretty quickly.  Sure, lots of Zalanthans are poor, but if they can't keep themselves fed, they aren't going to be alive very long.  My PCs might have a few hundred sid on a given day, which people like to say is just so much money, but realistically, they often can't afford to spend any of that money on luxuries, not if they want to stay alive when things get a little bit tougher.

Quote from: "joyofdiscord"
Quote from: "Akaramu"A sack of flour costs 10+ sid. One portion of raw meat that keeps you satiated for a day 15+ sid. Considering those prices, a few hundred on the bank isnt much at all.

And that's not even starting on WATER, which, yes, even the VNPCs have to drink.  I think players' conceptions of the life of the average Zalanthan is a little skewed toward the dirt-poor side.  The way I usually hear it portrayed, those commoners must die of hunger and thirst pretty quickly.  Sure, lots of Zalanthans are poor, but if they can't keep themselves fed, they aren't going to be alive very long.  My PCs might have a few hundred sid on a given day, which people like to say is just so much money, but realistically, they often can't afford to spend any of that money on luxuries, not if they want to stay alive when things get a little bit tougher.

Precisely, Joy. Having a few hundred 'sids in the bank isn't luxurious, it's insuring you survive for the next month.

Quote from: "Rhyden"

Halaster- Good point, a joint account system definitely wouldn't be worth the time to code. The only thing about using Bob's account is that Bill can't get his money back from Bob without Bob being there, had they wanted to share an account. Also, Bob could just stick his nose up to Bill one day saying that Bill won't get his money back. Of course, it was only an idea, I don't even want it submitted into the game. If you want to joint account, chances are you're rich enough to buy your own space to keep your own money.

Oh, I didn't realize you meant a joint account like that.  There are clan bank accounts, but that is limited to an entire clan, not just a couple of folks.  But that's the only type of 'join' accounts there are, currently.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"*stuff*
What are the possibilities of letting pc's deposit into clan banks that are not their own?

example:  Kadian goes to Nenyuk and deposits a thousand sid for the byn.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I think this will be difficult to prove and check in-game, Marc.

Clan bank accounts will often get boosts from staff members once they run dry, that extra 750 'sids might just go unnoticed.  People can just go "But I already paid you!" and keep all that money, and the Byn will never know.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I don't think this idea should be implement. It is indeed very convenient. However, I prefer to hunt for the person in charge for my money. It's more fun!!!
Besides, if this implement, player can chose not to log on to play but they still get money and get rich. I like the current code.
rmageddon is the game that I enjoy most!!!!