A pet peeve in regards to bulletin boards

Started by jstorrie, November 07, 2004, 04:14:01 PM

I agree. Having a clan leader who is not around enough can be same stressful as do not have any. Wait, it can be -more- stressful, because people outside the clan keeps asking about your leader and you have nothing to tell them.
Of course, you can have great Noble/Templar who is not logged in -every- day, but if your only clan-leader is around only three four hours per week...  :roll:

If there is only one templar, one Kadian merchant, one Byn Sergeant, or one Borsail noble then it doesn't matter if that one is RP god, if they can only be around a few hours a week it is going to suck.  However, if you have two or three, then it doesn't matter if one of them can only put in light hours, if they are a good RPer they can add colour and depth even if they can't preform all the "duties" the playerbase expects of leadership characters due to time constraints.  

I think there is an opportunity there.  If you have a super concept for a certain type of character but not huge amounts of play time, you may still get approved as an auxilary role, just not the main workhorse that keeps the clan running day to day.  Your IC status won't be any lower than other people of the same rank, you simply won't be put in charge of things that require constant contact.  There can be two or three nobles in one House, several templars, or even a couple merchants representing one merchant House, so the fact that there are already one or two of the type you want to play isn't necessarily a reason to give up.  Now after a cattle call ad that a new X is needed they may only want to add one of 'em at that time, but nothing stops you from waiting a month and trying again.

Just a thought.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Come on folks, everyone has to learn somewhere.

I've never had a problem with it. Like many posters have said, if the Noble has not been seen, then he/she is "new' to most commoners. I look at postings like this, about merchants looking for work, etc, as if my character overheard that person hawking their wares and something similar.

This is the frist time I've seen someone complain about this subject ( I think I has been), but I've seen several IC posts like this. So, if the poster was like me - they thought  it was the norm.  I'm thinking a majority of the playerbase actually reads these boards, so maybe we will be seeing less and less of the "annoying and jarring" posts.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

QuoteCome on folks, everyone has to learn somewhere.

Indeed, but preferably not as a noble/templar/etc whose roleplaying becomes a paradigm by default.

Semper Pax
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

The same effect of these posts can easily be had by more IC, reasonable rumours. I still say that 'there's a new noble named Fancypants in town!' is unnecessarily jarring, where 'Lord Fancypants wants a new aide and is hosting a naked dance party' fits in quite a bit better.