Favorite Causes of Death

Started by sjanimal, October 16, 2004, 12:50:13 PM

I've kind of reached a point in my gaming where:

--about 1/3 of my characters are dying by learning new things about the game world.
Example:  (completely hypothetical) If you don't feed your sun-lizard at least once every few days, it will get hungry and eat you.  (actually, I made that up, but you get my point).  I don't mind dying this way, because with each death I learn something new.  And I like learning.  I HOPE that I occaisionally continue to die this way.

--about 1/3 of my characters die from getting pk'd.  I like dying this way as well.  For me, I feel like I've supplied someone else with entertainment, and no doubt some day the great cosmic wheel will spin around I'll end up pk'ing one of their characters.  It's all in good fun, and I certainly don't mind being PK'd.

--about 1/3 of my characters die from loss of link or through collapse of the ARM game server.  While I don't get bent out of shape when this happens, (I am an adult, after all) I don't walk away from the computer feeling incredibly fulfilled.  After all, my character's death has served no useful purpose, and any plots that I was involved in just get left dangling.

What is YOUR favorite way for your character to die?
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Long played out PKs where you are never quite sure if you'll be able to walk out or not or if you can get away.

Best way to die, period.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Never been PKed, but that'd be my preferred way of going. Anything else just feels like a mistake.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

My most favorite death involved me trying to work out a deal with a guilder half giant, who eventually help me up by the throat and let his d-elf friend chop me to death.

Best RP ever.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

My characters live so so long (yhey are fighter types). I did not get taste of different styles of dying. But, I have some ideas:

1- I hate being killed by a PC if it is not IC for them. Of course, you cannot know generally whether it is IC, or not.

2- HRPT is wonderful way of death if I have any affect on the plot.

3- It can be great to die because of poison or magick.
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

QuoteNever been PKed, but that'd be my preferred way of going. Anything else just feels like a mistake.

Sigh, unfortunately the same for me.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I have no favorite causes of death, because well, they all sucked, but my least favorite has to be dying to Tal Zen. :evil:
Don't listen to me, I'm only a newb.

Err... My all chars try some complex ways of making connections to both underground organizations, magickers, tribals etc but also local militias, merchants and such. It takes about 5 or 6 days of playing time. Then I try fun things, not with my skills, but with the connections I have. I have fun, play for hours non-stop, make a plot for myself.. I become sleepy and slow reacting. Then suddenly a silt horror/badass warrior/uber assassin/defiler/'met arrives from north and claws/slashes/stabs/casts on/gnaws me.

Nah! I don't like any kind of death.. Sorry.

Note: 4.5 days of playing time.. Please let me stay awake this time...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Wezers.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

HRPT
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

Quote from: "Savak"Wezers.

Oh yeah, the wezer's death - lost a gith pc a looong time ago to that one.

Yes.

Also, going out in a blaze of glory in an arena match during which you are sentenced to death, but manage to take down three or four gladiators in the process is a hoot.

Suicide.. I had a very long lived character who was doing very well, stuff happened to him IC and it pushed him to killing himself. I really enjoyed seeing everyones reaction to it through my next char eyes.

Forgot to log in..  :evil:
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Yep.

At least 50% of my characters have died to aggro NPCs.  About 3% have been PKed.  Perhaps 5% have died to a fall, directly or indirectly.  About 10% have died during RPTs (but never a HRPT).  And roughly 75% have died after midnight, when I really should have been sleeping.  Yes, I know that is more than 100% sometimes more than one applies, one time I was killed by an aggro NPC, during on a RPT, when I was sleepy....

I don't think I have a favorite way to die.  Death bad.  Given a choice, it is nicer to die with lots of PCs around, because then maybe they'll remember my character.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Getting assassinated is fun, if the player roleplays it out.

DEATH BY ROUTER

Ok, so I am just saying that because the router has killed my connection to arm but.. same thing!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

The best way to die is being tortured to death by a past templar. Starts with a K.
Next best way to die is being tortured to death.
My least Favorite, getting pk'ed for the sole of pk'ing.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

My favorite way to die is when I login and get the following (not exact message, but you will get the point):

Halaster the Shroud of Death boots you to the head!
/*Karianna has perished from a boot to the head by Halaster/*

But then.....I get...

I try to type something, and I get about ten more before I can even respond. It then ends with:

Halaster, the Shroud of Death, says to you in Sirihish:
"Hello, Special K"

It's good to be me :)
'm not defined by what I did in my past-
but who I am in the present,
and who I will be in my future.
I choose to be defined by integrity. -A.W.

Death by massive meetings of several PC and NPC at once has been so far THE way to die!

By far the worst, is trying to roleplay out an injury due to a battle, and having a superior say 'go fight and destroy this large thing of things, with  one other person, and a brand new warrior, even though with this injury you carry around, you'll be completely useless.

I still think dying to Tal Zen is the worst way ever to die :(

Quote from: "drasik"I still think dying to Tal Zen is the worst way ever to die :(

I've never actually died to that...just been severely fucked up.

Had a PC die to it in a sandstorm.  :lol:

Absolute favorite:
WALKING past two HG Naki militia guards, while I had a baby in each arm, into their nice little camp.
What was running through ym head: There's kank's just sitting there. That's so weird, what if someone steals them? enter camp

Welcome to Armageddon!

Oh, and then there's the bigger noble house killing your noble because they think you're insane because you have a golden-kank friend that no one else can see. That was awesome.

-Tortall, who misses her golden-kank
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.