Idea: temporary descriptions

Started by Marauder Moe, October 10, 2004, 12:08:18 AM

I really like this idea.  I would suggest that a tempdesc only last until you log out, in case you're like me and constantly forget things such as the fact that I'm holding an empty teacup.  I'd end up walking around with blood on my face for a RL week if it didn't auto-reset at some point...
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"I really like this idea.  I would suggest that a tempdesc only last until you log out, in case you're like me and constantly forget things such as the fact that I'm holding an empty teacup.  I'd end up walking around with blood on my face for a RL week if it didn't auto-reset at some point...

Yes, but the desc should simply be toggled on/off, that way it goes off, but if you've forgotten what it was and you still need it, it'll be there in storage.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Why? Just make a variable for it in your client.  I used to do that for ldesc and it worked marvellously.

Quote from: "mansa"The idea of being able to add our own 80 line description to append to the bottom of our main description, and have it changable, is something that the immortal staff will have to mull over themselves, and debate whether to give us players the power to do that.
80 bytes, not 80 lines.  And I think the trust afforded players with ldesc is a good comparison.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

This is an older post, but I'm just so in favor I wanted to bump it up and ask if anyone knows if this has been seriously looked into by the coders.

I mean, really, genius.
Minimal twink factor, but sweet heaven, the emote code is the most viable way for twinks to reveal themselves and be so rooted out, yet we all use it just like breathing. Well, heh, I do.. and of course any trouble makers are eventually reported or found and delt with pleasantly.

Anyhow, hats off to the idea guy behind this. I think it would be a fantastic addition.

For those who feel the emote suffices, I personally feel (though this is my own style) that I get a bit sick of it every time I have to mention the current state of my characters hair and lipstick, when I'd rather be focusing on the light, wind, time or atmosphere.

Sure it's great to limp around after a hunting accident, but do you want to keep having to describe the protruding white of broken bone when someone could just as easily look at you to discover the extent of your injuries?

So in love with the idea. Enough said.

-path
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

October 9th == "older post"?
Find patience; even if the imms love it, I suspect it won't be ingame for many moons.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

If you don't have the sense to put in a good addition then don't.
As for the wavy hair thing.

The sleek wavy look of her hair is all but gone now with the coating of sewer filth clinging to every piece.

This is one of the best ideas ever, but it's come up before. Hopefully this time we'll get it.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Lazloth"Find patience; even if the imms love it, I suspect it won't be ingame for many moons.
Don't you underestimate them. :)
If this idea really thrilled someone, It could probably be in as fast as that someone processed his coffee into code. If it's just on the "brilliant;great,nice idea, maybe some time when there is time" scale, it has the potential to lie dormant (but not forgotten, if it was idea'd) for a while, since the impetus of being new  is gone.
I don't think that nagging will thrill anyone to (voluntary!) work, however. It's all about motivation.:wink:

Quo
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

I think it's awesome, a great way to deal with temporary every day things that happen to your PC without a lot of code issues. Damage from battle, how dirty/clean your PC is that particular day. Top Notch..

I hope this goes into the game. Great.. Just great..  And yes, a good way to keep Main Descs generic by knowing that you can have those add on's later.

Please staff.. Make it happen.. Pretty Please with sugar on top.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Please.. We all like it Soooo!!! Muchhh!!!
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Yeah, I like this idea so much I think it should be bumped way up on the list of to do's if it is possible to code easily.

Kudos to who originally thought of the idea, this would be a great tool to aid in really flushing out your pc visually.

I don't think twinking with it is really an issue, it'd be easy enough to log someone doing something questionable with this and send it to the mud.

Coolest idea since the ability to chance ldesc was added, IMO.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D