Crafting Material Question

Started by Anonymous, October 04, 2004, 07:23:11 PM

Well, I've been wondering every since I started playing ArmageddonMUD what specifically is 'ivory'? Is it a type of rock material found at a specific location in the Known World? That would be my opinion, but I've also heard another opinion determining that ivory comes from tusks and the like - sort of a bone material. Is it possible to actually find out what type of material ivory really it?

I apologize if this is IC.. I asked a couple different ArmageddonMUD players before asking this and each time I was told to ask on the GDB. So again, if this is IC I do apologize.

I'm not sure what Ivory comes from in Allanak, but on Earth it comes from the tusks of mammals.  Good question, though.  Hope this helps.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

I didn't include it on the mineral page I made because its not a mineral in the sense its dug up. But its definetely not real-world ivory, which is to my knowledge, is exclusive to only a small selection of mammals like the walrus and the elephant, and is merely their tusks.

So yeah, I can't tell you where zalanthan ivory comes from, or how its made (if its made rather then found) and would recommend you ask ICly.

Its an area that wouldn't be common knowledge, but if for some reason you feel your character should know (with a corresponding background to justify) you can mail the MUD and they can let you know the truth.

From www.labs.fws.gov/ivory/contents
   * Elephant and Mammoth
   * Walrus
   * Sperm Whale and Killer Whale
   * Narwhal
   * Hippopotamus
   * Warthog

Ivory Substitutes

Natural Ivory Substitutes

* Bone and Shell
   * Helmeted Hornbill
   * Vegetable Ivory

Manufactured Ivory Substitutes

So ivory is traditionally tusk bone of certain land mammals and whale bone. But natural ivory substitutes include bone and shell. All of these things are available in Armageddon.
ugar and Spice

Quote from: "http://www.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html#chalton"

Escru : Small and woolly mammals, the adult escru are approximately thigh-high on a human, with members of both sexes growing tiny ivory horns. They provide the vast majority of wool and wool-based cloth materials in the Known World. Usually docile, they have adapted well as domesticated herd beasts, and wild packs of them are now all but unheard of. The females can produce a fatty milk, when well fed and regularly milked.

The "tiny" part explains why it is still rare.

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find crafting materials like tendril for ropes and grass for baskets. Is there a certain command I would type to obain these items?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Forage wood?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Err.. Yep, tendrils are classified as wood.. I guess you just need to wander a little for grass.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Chalton have ivory horns too I think.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."