Connection Problems

Started by Xerokine, October 01, 2004, 04:17:26 AM

Anyone else having connection problems right now? I'm able to connect to multiple different MUDs, browse the internet and log into every messenger I have downloaded however I am not able to effectivly sign into ArmageddonMUD. My problem or is this happening to the rest of you?

*Edited* What I have found to be even more interesting is that I am unable to view www.armageddon.org. Would anyone have any ideas as to why I would not be able to connect and what not with these very few details of the problem? There has to be a connection problem between the ginka and I, but what would cause that in a split second since I was logged into my character not onlt 30 minutes ago?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Try going to http://64.252.79.51.  If that works you are having DNS issues.

If that doesn't work try a traceroute and see where it dies as you are having downstream router issues.

I'm observing the same problem since a couple of weeks. www.armageddon.org, ginka.armageddon.org don't get resolved by my current provider's DNS server.
From other sites the domain name resolution for armageddon.org works just fine.
At firest I hoped it would resolve itself, since it's not within my realm to fix. Then I got used to it. Now I'm learning that others experience the same. Hmm.

Quo
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

Now, I've just gotten back to work and all of a sudden everything is working fine.. Why? Who the fuck knows. And yes, I am going to agree with Quo on this one. What you said is exactly what was happening to me.. A very interesting problem, indeed. Could it be something to do with the Server itself? Or would it be something to do with IE?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

I'd try using different DNS servers next time this crops up.  I've turned up some good, working DNS server IPs over the years with a groups.google.com search for 'public dns server'.