I'm Frodo of Dung Feelers??

Started by anon tribal runner, September 15, 2004, 12:40:58 PM

There are a lot of d-elf tribes that can be used as background information. But still something's missing... Let's see this document about Benjari, then these few sentences about Sand Jakhals:

QuoteThe Sand Jakhals
This elven tribe roams the northwestern scrub plains, and sometimes ventures into the lands of Gol Krathu. Since the destruction of Tuluk, it is common knowledge that they have turned to Allanak to sell their wares.
Okay to use as background.

Hmm... Does not explain a lot eh? Of course it's much easier for a d-elf player to start their own one-man tribe than drowning in misinformation.

I'm aware that the imms of d-elf tribes do have a lot of responsibilities. Still, there would be PCs willing to create some customs, culture, specific tattoo designs, laws and myths. After living the traits they discovered and spreading them IC for the newcomers to that tribe, they could be added to the documentation.

So I want to start a discussion about what can be done about adding real biiig helpfiles to the tribes, because I'm bored to see every other d-elf in a strange tribe or even tribeless. You can't really ever trust an elf from another tribe 100%, so making the tribes detailed and collecting the d-elves in a few clans would be much better.

If you want to write up info about a clan I'm sure Bhag, Myrixt and Gargath wouldn't mind you emailing it in for them to look over.

Oh, also. I doubt they'd make a real big helpfile. This information would be available to clan members only. Knowledge about tribe's cultures
and beliefs aren't common knowledge that everyone knows about. They
might even have more info on certain clans if you emailed in to them
about making a pc in a supported clan.
B

Yep.. I sent a myth about my tribe and asked for permission to use before using it IC. I guess it's going to be my duty to format it as HTML and I'll be willing to. But.. I'm just a person who can't live more than 10 days per char at average. More careful people needed for deeper changes :)

Anon Tribal Runner,

I like your ideas.  If you want to APP a desert elf with me sometime, we can develop a more in depth tribal culture than the existing ones.  If we could find one or two other interested person, it would be sweet.  Not a bad idea you have.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

You don't necessarily have to develop all the culture of a tribe through active RP.. in fact that would be kind of hard, since most of it is 'background' stuff - things to draw off of with your character, but not necessarily things you would create with your character.

So, there's really nothing stopping you from submitting ideas for the tribe to the appropriate Imm and hashing out a doc - character or no character.