Boy, am I lost.

Started by moreweeds, September 05, 2004, 04:50:57 PM

Well, I'm all kinds of excited about Armageddon. I've never played before (unless you count the 20 minutes I spent online today, during which I managed to buy some soap, an eyepatch, and then get very lost in Allanak).
I was wondering if there's anywhere I can get my hands on at least a map of Allanak? It's a touch difficult for me to get my bearings, especially since I'm not a big mudder.
Was just curious. :) I COULD make my own, but frankly it would take a really long time and I don't even have much of a grip on the mechanics of playing yet, much less knowing which places are important.

Typing   Help Map    will provide you with a very rough sketch of Allanak in ascii.

Welcome to Armageddon, don't trust the elves.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Try 'help map'.

And let me be the (edit: second) to say: Welcome to Armageddon.

You'll hear it from the Mantis Head eventually, I'm sure. ;)

Until then, helpers would be glad to answer questions if you find yourself lost and confused among the piles of documentation.

A tip: one thing that helped me as a newbie was to just keep the helpfiles constantly open in a browser behind my mud client, so I could flip to it and look something up real quick if I was unsure about something.

(Damnit, Malifaxis!)

Quote(Damnit, Malifaxis!)

8)

Can I help it if I'm long, strong, and wrong?

Another huge bit of advice that helped me (and many others) get upon my (our) meteoric rise to stardom is to join the T'zai Byn.  AbSOluteLY the *best* thing for a newbie to do.

Though in the future, bigpothead, I would suggest posting questions like this in 'Ask the Players.'  This is precisely the thing that forum is for.  Glad to have you with us, moreweed!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

The Introduction to Allanak for New Players and the Walkthrough set in Allanak can also be helpful in orienting yourself.

Welcome!

--Dolores

Don't get discouraged!

I made my own map.  It took a while, but was ultimately worth it.  

Nowadays, I hardly use it at all.  I have an image in my mind of Zalanthas, it's really kind of nice.

Keep playing, have fun!
:lol:
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Quote from: "sjanimal"Don't get discouraged!

I made my own map.  It took a while, but was ultimately worth it.  

Nowadays, I hardly use it at all.  I have an image in my mind of Zalanthas, it's really kind of nice.

Keep playing, have fun!
:lol:

Ditto this.
some of my posts are serious stuff