Wants and ideas

Started by Gargath, September 03, 2004, 07:00:34 PM

Player involvement.  Fact is, NPCs are only NPCs.  They really can't add that much "danger" in game.  If players want danger then allow PCs to bring danger to the game.  

Unrealistic role-play to extend the life of characters. Nobles with super-killer NPC guards (not using actual PC guards), people who make sure to notice every single thing about an attacker or thief, PCs who forget their place or want to buck the system of hierarchy, these are all things that actually take danger out of the game.  

Mind over matter. Part of being scared is allowing yourself and your character into situations you –think- are much worse than in reality.  

Creativity.  Less death.  It seems to me so many times death is option number one, very few characters get to live long enough to become afraid.  Beatings, cutting off a few fingers, blackmail, enslavement, banishment... these are but a few of the creative things that can happen instead of death.  All of these ideas let the character live and adapt to the harshness.  

Rework the clans.
Each clan needs clear definition. The helpfiles and documentation on these clans are amazing!  Yet, in game most of the houses all seem to blur together.  By focusing in on the differences (making sure there are differences) in each house and clan, we actually build up the diversity in the game.  Again, I'm all for caps on the number and types of PCs who join each house and clan.

Each clan needs clear direction.  I'm not even in business, but I know every business needs good and clear goals.  By answering the questions (ooc time, lets say every month) "What do we want?  When do we want it?" will give clear direction and time frame to plot lines.  Advancement needs to be well laid out and happen.  Part of the stagnant feeling of the game is do to the fact that it takes so long OOCly to get promoted.  What we are left with are only a few PCs at the top who probably have burnt out players, and a bunch of "new" members at the bottom of the hierarchy with nothing to do and no say in the clan.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Either alter emotes so that they can only be seen by people who can see the emoter, or add an hemote/pemote/semote/whatever other variation you want to name the command that has that effect.

Updated criminal code.  I know it is unlikely, but this is a wishlist after all :)

Something about magickers.  However you slice the issue, if people have the idea OOC that magickers are pushovers in a fight, then many of those people will be either consciously or unconsciously influenced to treat magickers as "weak."  Roleplayed fear is great and all, but I think there is value in backing that up with some code.  There've been numerous suggestions on how exactly to do this, but instead of rehashing them, I'll just note that I'm in favor of whatever the simplest solution to code that solves the problem is.

Atlatls.  Wouldn't those be neat?
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]