Movement loss in combat

Started by Delerak, December 01, 2002, 04:15:18 PM

Well.  I think mostly everything has been said that can be.  I'll just leave one more thing about my idea.  Adding realism is what makes the mud as fun as it is.  You say that if it gets too real it won't be fun anymore.  But I don't think that is true.  It's the realness that makes you want to play it everyday, at least that how it is for me now, I used to be a real bad player, but I believe myself to have propelled higher then most people would have thought.  the Halfing made a good point, you lose movement for foraging.  You lose hp when getting hurt.  You lose stun for the knock-out system.  Why not movement for skills such as kick/bash, or long rounds of fighting?  It makes SENSE, and I think if it makes sense then it should be put into the game.

I'm going to have to say, that it does make sense, but it's not very sensible to be put in. Already you loose massive amounts of stamina just trying to move around, if you go outside the city already you spend most the time resting it seems. Making it so you loose more stamina well just mean more sitting around resting.

I think if it's implemented, the stamina is going to have to be increased for everyone, not adding hundreds upon hundreds, but I can see the only hunters or warriors that are able to get around and still hunt are going to be d-elves if this is implemented.

I know already, even with a mount it's a pain in the butt, and also I can see mounted combats should loose it's major penelties, when fighting on kank-back against a wussy creature that has no chance of hitting you if your on your feet, you get wailed on, and it seems you chance to hit is drastically eaffected as well.

8) Creeper who must say again, if you think Arma is getting too easy you must be cheating, or have played to long.
21sters Unite!

It isn't that I think arm is easy to survive in.  I don't.
Besides some minor crafting issues :)
But it is because it is harsh that I like arm.

But I think this idea will have little affect on people who hunt with mounts.  I see it hurting d-elves more then anyone else.  Since most of the time your movement is full when you are riding around on a mount.  How often I see a d-elf run up being tired then not.

The person isn't talking about you losing tremendous amount of stamina.  They are saying like it goes down by like 1 every few rounds or so.
 don't eat everyone.

Quote from: "Guestboy"The minute someone mentions twinks not liking it, there's a good chance it's a bad idea. That tends to be the last resort of those who don't have other arguments to employ. :lol:

By the way, there is nothing wrong with a week-long hunting expedition, as long as regular stops are taken, rests are role-played, etc. Indeed, most hunting expeditions in pre-industrial society took weeks or a month of roughing it, going abroad to look for prey and bringing back as much as possible for profit, sustenance. Fishing STILL takes weeks in some cases. And, on Armageddon, these expeditions are good fun in terms of RP and excitement, whether they are done in larger groups or just one or two people. There is no reason whatsoever to knock them as twinkish.

Carnage has already pointed out why the suggestion does nothing to deter twinks anyway. When I say this would make things harder, I mean more OOC than IC. Give me the dust, you can keep your nobles!
yes and also because armageddon is already such a hard place to fight in it would just make it harder and the reason it works in other muds is because you can kill anything
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.