Author Topic: Mansa goes to New York  (Read 7555 times)

mansa

Mansa goes to New York
« on: July 26, 2004, 06:10:17 PM »
This weekend, I am going to go to New York.  Why?  Because I'm young and inexperienced and I want an adventure.  And I'm bored.  And I have some money.

Are you feeling adventurous too?  Do you want to meet a Canadian, and you live in/by New York?

Post a reply here, and perhaps we'll get a 'gathering' together, and we all can go out to Dinner or see a show or something small.

Or, you could email me at robotmansa@gmail.com and then we can exchange phone numbers and whatnot.

If you're nervous about meeting other players, that's cool.  If you're nervous because you think mansa is crazy, well.  To that, I say, 'You're crazy'.

I'll make another post or two, here, before I head out.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Moe

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:17:30 PM »
Mansa is crazy.
He stayed at my house on one of his 'adventures'
I still can't find my toilet brush.
-Moe The Schmoe
 :twisted:  :evil:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Cuusardo

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:02:11 PM »
Feh.  No one ever comes to Minneapolis.
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Carnage

• Posting Privileges Revoked
Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 10:01:41 PM »
I want an adventure. And I'm bored. And I have some money.

PM me and I'll give you directions to a dark alley.

Come alone and don't tell anyone. And don't bring anything that can be used to defend yourself, either.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Mr.Camel

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 11:25:46 PM »
Feh. No one ever comes to Minneapolis.

Try Saudi Arabia.

Delirium

• Helper
Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 01:08:19 AM »
New York? I guess it's better than visiting the armpit of the USA (New Jersey). But still. The only things in New York are traffic, tourists, and trash. Well, unless you're actually a social type, then you can always check out the nightclubs.

Besides, that means you'll be about 5 hours away from me, and that's a very scary thought.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

sarahjc

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 10:10:35 AM »
What, Trash?? I am in New York!

There are plenty of cool things to do.. Meeting me and jmordetsky is one of them.

Also good food, lots of touristy stuff, cool bars and did I mention me??
Quote from: jmordetsky
Sarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant
"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Bestatte

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 10:50:30 AM »
But you're in BROOKLYN, Sarah. Okay so Brooklyn has great bagles and lox sandwiches. And I hear there's a tree growing there somewhere but my sources have never been able to confirm that.

Really though -

In any case, if this shindig starts in the morning, I might be able to drive down for the day. But I gotta leave mid-to-late afternoon, so it might not make much sense for me to go if the party doesn't get hopping til dusk.

sarahjc

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 11:03:12 AM »
Well, every day is a party at my house, but, I know Fifi is coming by around 5:30 for dinner and I think Mansa will be around all day. I think, but come by if you like. I will make lunch too. We are going to see De La guarda at around 9:30 PM or so.

And I like to think of Williamsburg as an extension of Manhattan, with better views. :wink:
Sarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!

Krath

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 11:09:36 AM »
Hmm, How long are you going be in NY Mansa? I might be flying out this Thursday and be in NYC until the Following Friday for work.
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

mansa

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
I am driving out Thursday Afternoon.
I'm going to visit Socko, and stay at his place Thursday Night.
We'll probably do stuff Friday Afternoon, and maybe friday evening.

I haven't decided if I'll surprise Socko, and stay an extra night, or if I'll go drive over to SarahJC and Jmsky's house that friday night.

Saturday night, SarahJC and Jmsky are being super duper nice and letting me sleep at their place.

It depends on the weather, if I'll drive back Sunday Night or Monday Morning.

That's about it.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

sarahjc

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 11:59:42 AM »
Ok so I also have Bestatte comming by on Saturday, so I figure, lets make it an open call. If anyone would like to come and visit on Saturday. I will offically be entertaining. Pm or Email me for details. Williamsburg is one stop out of manhattan on the L train.

sarahjc

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 04:59:11 PM »
So add on to this, We are also going to see De La Guarda on Saturday night. It is an awesome performance art show.  However, people will be coming by throughout the day.  

Show starts at 10 pm so we will most likely leave my place around 9ish. There is no seating, so we will all be in a group. You should be able to stand for an hour and a half and be OK with strobe lighting. Also you may get a bit wet. You can go to www.broadwayoffers.com and enter code DGTMC32 for the discounted tickets.  Visit www.delaguarda.com to learn more about the show. It’s a really fun time.

So Far attendees are:
Me.
Jmordetsky
Barzalene
And
Mansa

Bestatte may stop by as well as Delirium

ShaLeah

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 12:46:25 PM »
Looks like I might be in NY friday or saturday night if things go well.  No late night for me though because I have to work in the morning at 7am! Update to follow once I know more.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Delirium

• Helper
Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 05:57:09 PM »
I might have to work, but if not, I'll probably be there - it's a maybe on the show, but a day trip would be cool. I'll know for sure by tomorrow.

mansa

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 10:57:40 AM »
I arrived at Socko's house late last night.  Then, a little mishap, or, miscommunication, and I ended up crashing at Socko's friend's house.

Let me tell you this, though:

Socko's mom loves Socko.  And Socko's mom doesn't much like this intranet thing.

Anyways, we had breakfast and it was good.  They had the most 'real' canadian bacon I've ever had in the states, but, it's still not the 'real' stuff.

I'll be leaving tonight to head deeper into the big city.

Bestatte

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 11:05:26 AM »
Why do I get the image of that movie where Tarzan shows up in NYC whenever I think of mansa visiting New York?

Nadav

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 11:12:30 AM »
Quote from: "Bestatte"
Why do I get the image of that movie where Tarzan shows up in NYC whenever I think of mansa visiting New York?

Oh wow, you saw that movie too? I thought I was the only one in the world unfortunate enough.

Seeker

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 01:17:49 PM »
Mansa,

You REALLY should be doing a live-feed video journal of your travels.

Post often, visitor.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Delirium

• Helper
Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2004, 02:39:23 PM »
Have to work, and by the time I got off and made the drive up there it'd be close to 10pm. So I guess it's a no-go. :)

mansa

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
So, I'm driving across one of the many bridges in NY, and there's this crappy old truck next to me, with a bunch of smashed cars on the back. The cars are held on by some steel chains.  As I drive past it on the left, (as everybody -should- pass on the left) one of those chains flew off the car and actually hit my front bumper.  I almost crapped my pants.

Now, I'm at Sarah and Joe's house, and I'm very tired.  We're planning on going out to the movies or something like that with Barzalene.

But, before that, we're going to get some halo action going on.

Bestatte

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2004, 11:23:17 AM »
The ride was uneventful. Not far from the New York border, the radio station started skipping out so I switched to this Classics station instead. First song I heard on that station: The Theme from Shaft. It was a nice ride from thereon in :)

The apartment is awesome..exposed beam running through, high ceiling, jjust really neat looking place. Good people to visit, and y'all HAVE to see Mansa's passport picture if you ever see him up close and personal!

Mr.Camel

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 12:18:15 PM »
So, I'm driving across one of the many bridges in NY, and there's this crappy old truck next to me, with a bunch of smashed cars on the back. The cars are held on by some steel chains. As I drive past it on the left, (as everybody -should- pass on the left) one of those chains flew off the car and actually hit my front bumper. I almost crapped my pants

I recall someone I knew had that same thing happened to them. Four days later, they were found dead. No reasons. Be careful.

The7DeadlyVenomz

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2004, 01:51:42 PM »
I just called these cats, and yapped at J, Mansa, Mest, and Barz...

Not a buncha bad mannered folks at all. Pimpin'.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

mansa

Mansa goes to New York
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2004, 12:20:48 AM »
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance
dance mansa dance