Problem with Archery...

Started by , November 24, 2002, 04:57:47 PM

Well, a targeting problem with archery really.

l east

[Far] A human dude
[Near] A human dude

shoot dude east

And you always end up shooting at the farther one. This become a problem with hunting because you might have two tandu, duskhorn, gith etc. lined up like that.

Could the code be changed so that it targets the closest one first? Then if you want to shoot one farther you have to do 2.tandu or something?

I'm sure it could be coded, doubt it'll be easy though. You should bug it.

Maybe specify the number of rooms you'd like to shoot as well?

e.g shoot tandu east 2(meaning 2 rooms)

somethin like that :roll:
Nakrat

It will FUCK you up good *~Kurac

As of this second Im having the worst time in a storm, why is it that gith can shoot through storms and still hit you?

Vositus: I guess the 'real' answer to your question is because that's just the way the code works, NPCs just work differently from PCs on some things. For myself, I've usually rationalised it by saying that the NPCs have a big familiarity advantage, because they're always in the places you find them, whereas in a sense PCs are usually just visitors to those areas (particularly in the desert, like with gith). Now obviously this is only if we want to try to smooth things over ICly to explain why our PCs got shot, couldn't run away from something, or just plain died (OOCly due to link-death). Just a thought.

Swordsman

Actually it has nothing to do with them being PCs.

NPCs is what I was looking for there.. heh heh   :oops: