Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Has anyone else been more lagged as of late?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Not really, every once in a while there'll be a bit of lag that lasts maybe 2 or 3 minutes, but that's it. There's a forum topic not too long ago about lag. You should be able to find it.

[edit] spelling

My lag is not too bad, but then I'm using a reasonably fast box linked to a T1 connection, and I play at off peak hours.  

Surprisingly, even all the spyware on my computer doesn't seem to interfere that much.  Stupid spyware!
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Yeah, I seem to lag now and then also, think it has something to do with some change the staff made or added. *shrug*
uppers.

Lag seems to have gotten even worse?  It's kind of restricting my ability to play.  I got dropped to five hit points the other day and barely managed to reconnect in time, during a situation which normally wouldn't have been much of a challenge.

Quote from: touringCompl3t3 on August 31, 2008, 07:04:44 PM
Lag seems to have gotten even worse?  It's kind of restricting my ability to play.  I got dropped to five hit points the other day and barely managed to reconnect in time, during a situation which normally wouldn't have been much of a challenge.
You nilazi'd an old thread. Try here.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

All day today. Is it me, or the game?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on April 30, 2013, 08:01:51 PM
All day today. Is it me, or the game?

All day here too. Its not net lag, my ping is fine and doesn't seem to budge, but its like the server is taking extra time to process stuff. Combat seems MUCH slower to me, and sometimes 3-4 things come through in one prompt.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

It's hitting me too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yeah, sluggish would be a good way to describe it.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Yep, that seems right.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Affecting me as well.  I thought it was my room mate leeching off my wireless again.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

April 30, 2013, 08:29:58 PM #12 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:32:39 PM by jcortrig
Yeah it's been pretty brutal today.

Edit:  They just broadcast an imminent reboot to try to address it.  *crossing fingers*

It seems to be fixed now.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

It was much better. But now I'm getting a delay again. I think. Maybe I'm just impatient.

Never mind :) Seems fine.

For a moment I  pricked my ears up.
These necro  threads!

I think I notice some more lag when there is 50+ ppl.

It was laggy all day for me, regardless of how many people were on.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

yeah it was laggy all day but it was definitely the worst when we were at 70+ players a bit ago, it has somewhat lessened since.

Seems I'm getting some every 3-4 seconds, where it skips for about a second and a half.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

It's def laggy here in Europe.
Czar of City Elves.

Laggy in Australia too, way slower than usual. For me, anyways.

It was pretty rough last night too; if I was playing a "hunter" type character, I totally wouldn't have gone hunting.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

May 03, 2013, 10:26:35 AM #24 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:28:29 AM by Desertman
Lag here in Texas too.

Getting a spike that lasts three or four seconds every five seconds or so.

Playing any sort of combat role would be....iffy.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.