Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Same here all the way in Holland.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I'm experiencing higher than normal lag, as well.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

regardless of how many players are on. Lag with 20ish on, lag with 40ish on too. And at multiple times yesterday and earlier this morning.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Definitely lagging a LOT in game.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Agreed with lag posts.  Pretty rough right now.
Like unplayable rough.

11    20 ms    20 ms    21 ms  xe-0-3-0.cr2.lga5.us.above.net [64.125.21.82]
12    20 ms    20 ms    20 ms  xe-0-0-1.mpr2.ewr2.us.above.net [64.125.31.173]

13   200 ms    46 ms   199 ms  208.184.34.234.IPYX-069067-ZYO.above.net [208.184.34.234]

14    20 ms    19 ms    20 ms  openvz1.trouble-free.net [69.10.46.218]
15    20 ms    19 ms    20 ms  ginka.armageddon.org [209.159.155.76]

The interesting thing is, as I'm playing a combat role, is that combat seems unaffected. I mean, yes, there is still lag, and if you get railed by a vicious strike, you're going to flee. Its server lag, not latency, so you get away without much problem.

But its very annoying, when suddenly 4 people work of says/tells/emotes comes through on one prompt.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm getting server lag, net lag, and (I think) my comp is being slow, too.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Really brutal right now.  Entered an emote and took a good 8-10 seconds to echo it.

Quote from: jcortrig on May 03, 2013, 02:28:27 PM
Really brutal right now.  Entered an emote and took a good 8-10 seconds to echo it.

Same.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Am getting spikes as well.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I sure hope this lag doesn't make us lose any of our new hard earned players. I made it through mandatory Saturday down times, and this is making me not want to play. Gah.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Is it time to speculate as to causes? Are we getting a spike of new players from someplace far away from the server?

If so, can it be overcome with a better server? Is it time to ask for donations? Don't be afraid to ask, I would throw $20 on my favorite game in a heartbeat. JUST GIVE ME THE WORD STAFF BAWWWW

I highly doubt this is caused by the new influx of players. There aren't THAT many more. 4-6 extra players on at a time shouldn't change it. I also don't think it has much to do with the amount of total players online, just a steady progression of lag from a reboot till now.

The last reboot happened right around peak time, and then it took till the next day around that time to get really bad again, making it seem like it's from many players online.

I'm still going with a memory leak or added code.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The last reboot was on... Wednesday evening?  The lag didn't seem bad until this morning, for me.  I'm not even bothering to try playing right now, just makes me frustrated.  Praying to the reboot gods, as well as Morgenes and Co. to track down the underlying problem.

Oh gawd, it's so bad. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I bet it's Gith, breeding at an enormous rate. Ginka can't handle so many npc's spawning in every hour, until a reset reverts back to when there were fewer.

Our only option, as it seems our overlords the staff have abandoned us, is to march into the Tablelands and exterminate the problem once and for all. Don't worry, as someone else said, the lag WONT affect your combat at all. TRUST me.

See you down there, warriors.

I feel like I went back in time and am playing in 92 again....In the time I posted this my PC managed to walk about 7 rooms...Yup, that is 92 all over.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I was thinking it was my connection.. I am forced to using the modem of my GSM provider because I'm forced to be in the field. (In a car with working air conditioning, thank God)

It was strange because pings are responded lightning fast, I never lose connection but ginka simply is... too slow.

If it's not me, it'll be fixed... good.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Quote from: X-D on May 04, 2013, 02:30:56 AM
I feel like I went back in time and am playing in 92 again....In the time I posted this my PC managed to walk about 7 rooms...Yup, that is 92 all over.

Yup. Totally agreed. (TBH, I remember trying to play when it was worse than this)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

As long as the server is so laggy, I hope morg gets a chance to look at it and try to find out the cause...

Reporting in with lag in SW USA.
Amor Fati

It's definitely server-side and not ping related, we've established that. Does anyone else notice that it comes and goes in waves, where the delay goes from tolerable (1-2 seconds) to bad for periods (5-7s of delay), over time?

Quote from: Harmless on May 04, 2013, 03:09:03 PM
It's definitely server-side and not ping related, we've established that. Does anyone else notice that it comes and goes in waves, where the delay goes from tolerable (1-2 seconds) to bad for periods (5-7s of delay), over time?

Yeah, sometimes it gets better for a bit, then get's much worse.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died