Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Quote from: Adhira on May 06, 2013, 05:58:00 PM
Rebooting the game now, hopefully this will help a little.

It's definitely better.

Is the lag bad again, or is it just me?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Seems to be irregular for me. Most times it's fine, sometimes a bit... gloopy but not unplayable.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Lag is really bad again... Almost got killed... I'm not hunting anymore until the lag has been cleaned up... This is bad because my character hates to sit around bored in the city.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

If you almost got killed in -this- you probably shouldn't be hunting that thing. :P

I wouldn't call the lag really bad. It's there, definitely, but not unplayable. A 5-6 sec lag every 15 minutes or so.

It's just bad enough to make you feel uneasy in tense situations, but it's not very bad at all.

I wish it was a 5 to 6 second lag every 15 minutes...  Mine actually only lags when I'm doing something important... Like walking, fighting, getting something out of a container of some sort... When I'm just sitting around chatting everything is fine...
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I am still getting it preeetty bad. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Same.  Holding off on logging in tonight.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The lag seems gone for now and I'll keep an eye on things overnight to see if that remains the case.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Seems pretty laggy right now just walking around.

I think I'm still noticing it too.

Like I said it tends to get worse when more people are on. I suspect at 5:45 am on a Thursday morning there weren't too many on.

There might still be a few... bugs... in the system.

Kanks. It's the year the Kank makes a come back. Unless the bug is squashed.

May 10, 2013, 11:46:54 AM #91 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:03:34 PM by najdorf
Hi, I am getting disconnected in every 2-5 minutes plus having some lag. I figured it might be because of my own issues but my internet seems to be working. Is there any technical guy here that can help me figure what might be the problem? When I called my ISP, they said my internet is working :(

EDIT: I also tried using my cell-phone's 3G and same lag there too. So it's not only my ISP but the telcom operator's internet service too.

You could traceroute to the game and see where the holdup might be.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on May 10, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
You could traceroute to the game and see where the holdup might be.

Can you tell me if there is a problem below please?

6th line still in my country, that I know for sure (Turkey)

Are you wireless? Maybe you're getting interference from other devices?

Possibly someone could be leeching off your internet too, if it's not secured.

I've been getting a really bag lag too, and I'm jacked right in, not wireless. Starting to be like to old days.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Well if I were you I'd look at the 5th hop and do this a few more times, even pinging it directly if possible.  It missed a ping entirely and then the next one was 480 ms.  That's pretty high.  If you consistently get those results with that hop then you might be seeing where the issue is.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

May 10, 2013, 01:03:34 PM #97 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:12:24 PM by najdorf
Quote from: Nyr on May 10, 2013, 12:53:59 PM
Well if I were you I'd look at the 5th hop and do this a few more times, even pinging it directly if possible.  It missed a ping entirely and then the next one was 480 ms.  That's pretty high.  If you consistently get those results with that hop then you might be seeing where the issue is.

Now i try it with my ISP router (previous one was Iphone's Telecom 3G)

Now it's good all the way to Frankfurt (germany) but big numbers after that.

EDIT: Wrong link was given, corrected.

The two screenshots you provided are identical, so it does not look like you were using 3G before.

Sorry, fixed it. Put the wrong one. Please check above?