Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Crash?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Shit...

This hurts me.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Haha I was going to log in tonight

December 16, 2016, 10:26:37 PM #628 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:28:36 PM by LauraMars
is the lag still bad?

I only have enough in my mana bar to play on the weekends so I don't wanna waste it.

edit: seems ok
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Anyone else having issues?
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

If this keeps up I might actually have to do WORK while at work.

Don't make me do it, Ginka.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

New code!

New features!

New "features!"
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on January 16, 2017, 12:11:39 PM
New code!

New features!

New "features!"

Its not a bug! Its an unintended feature!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on January 16, 2017, 12:11:06 PM
If this keeps up I might actually have to do WORK while at work.

Don't make me do it, Ginka.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

January 16, 2017, 12:36:31 PM #635 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:44:35 PM by sleepyhead
EDIT: back up for now.

Game is back up.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: nessalin on January 16, 2017, 12:52:11 PM
Game is back up.

Another Ginka Fart. Game appears to be down.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on January 16, 2017, 09:23:38 PM
Quote from: nessalin on January 16, 2017, 12:52:11 PM
Game is back up.

Another Ginka Fart. Game appears to be down.

Ginka's farts are scary, but it came right back on for me.
How about a scavenger hunt?

I know the game's been reset a couple times in the past couple days - but I've also been experiencing a lot of lag within the past couple of weeks. I keep thinking it's my computer (since it's old), but it's lagging even when my hard drive isn't whining like a little bitch (which it does, often). It's definitely not my connection - my internet speed is faster than my Pentium processor is capable of handling, and I used to be able to connect just fine back when I used to have a Hayes 5600-baud modem.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I'm getting this weird thing more frequently, where I type 'psi something something' and nothing happens, like as if I didn't hit 'enter'. But I definitely did. And I have to do it again. Luckily i'm not playing a combat role or something here it's more prominently needed to send a command at the perfect moment, but it's been weird.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

That does sound weird. I've noticed around 4 am server (5 am my time) every day, without fail, the game (or all its connections) freeze up. Not just for me, but I've had the freeze pass to see everyone else in the room disconnect too.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

It goes for like 2 mins each time yeah? Pretty sure thats a reboot or something is what I got told.

Quote from: bardlyone on January 16, 2017, 10:36:24 PM
That does sound weird. I've noticed around 4 am server (5 am my time) every day, without fail, the game (or all its connections) freeze up. Not just for me, but I've had the freeze pass to see everyone else in the room disconnect too.

That's the nightly backups.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

How's the automated performance test suite look in the continuous integration build pipeline?

Quote from: Kalden on January 17, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
How's the automated performance test suite look in the continuous integration build pipeline?

Shiny and chrome.

Quote from: nessalin on January 17, 2017, 05:27:37 PM

That's the nightly backups.

And to make sure it's clear, it's 6am server not 4am server.  The lag at that time usually lasts about 90 seconds or so and cannot be avoided if we want to have online daily backups.

If it's the daily (nightly?) backup that pauses things for about 2 minutes, I believe it happens at 6AM server time. 
If I'm playing at that time, I try to make a point of getting a command in just before the server hits 6AM.  If I don't input something within that minute the hang-up is enough idle time to disconnect me, if I do get a command in it's just a couple minutes of lag time.

Edit: Yeah, what Nathvaan said while I was busy typing.  Heh.

Yah, I meant 5 am my time, 6 am server. derp.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Has..  Has it happened again?  Or is it just me?
How about a scavenger hunt?