Your excitement level

Started by Anonymous, April 30, 2004, 12:56:55 PM

It's an HRPT.  In 2 days.  How much anticipation do you feel building?

Me, at this point, I'm off the charts and I have only the vaguest inklings as to what might happen.

Eh.

I'm a non-leader, non-combat PC who is restricted inside the city walls.  Can't make decisions, not given any information, can't defend myself whatever happens.  Every RPT or HRPT in the last year that is IMM run is for somebody else.  My job is to grease up and bend over.

I have no clue what involvement I might have in my area, if any.  I'm more looking forward to all the fun stuff that comes after the HRPT  :twisted:   Thats when the players can really capitalize on the events anyway I'm guessing.

Why do people always judge an HRPT by whether or not they get to be in the thick of it?
During the last HRPT my PC hid.  That's it.  Hid.  He didn't even see anything until the aftermath.

But what I liked about it was that the world changed.  There was a buzz about what had gone down in the game which is infinitely more interesting to talk about than whether or not the Byn is hiring.

Considering all HRPTs I've ever been a part of have seen the world changed in a significant manner, I can't wait, even though I have my doubts about how affected my PC may or may not be and I have little hope of being even remotely involved with the actual events.

Probably won't be around at the time, and I also think it won't really touch my area.
So I'm not too excited, but I AM wondering what will I find going on when I'm back.
7 more days!

I'm kinda excited. This is will my frist HRPT and its not a regular RPT is a highly recommended PT.  :lol:

I'm going to have as much fun as I can. If my character dies, its cool. She's only has a days's worth of playing time on her.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

[selfpity]
I'm so fecking busy right now i wish I could be excited, but i'm not. i'm just tired.

[/selfpity]

If I die I'll crap a brick and some noob will loot me and sniff it like spice.

But seriously, yeah I'm pumped. I know whats going down too, your all screwed. I wished up for a +27 steel head cleaver and I think they're gonna load it for me.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I'm worried I'll do something stupid in the middle of it...which will have disastrous repercussions.

Oh, and yes, I do have another character written up, just in case.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I have five, crymerci.  :D Call me over perpared.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, whether my PC is involved or not. This will be my first HRPT since my initial PC, and as a nOOb, I wasn't aware what was going on at the time, so I died. Hopefully now I can survive this one.
Surrender!"
"You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept."

I'm excited, although I'll admit I'm a bit worried...I have a nagging feeling I'm not going to surive this one.

We'll see though...we'll see. :twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I am excited.. but worried for the PC's around me.. I will most likely cry if they die.. But It will give me an excuse to jump into the frey as well.

Blaze of Glory!   :twisted:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "sarahjc"Blaze of Glory!  :twisted:  

Amen, captured my feelings exactly.  :twisted:
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I swapped shifts to have Sunday off for the HRPT, and as it turns out I get a three day weekend, in return for having a one day weekend next Friday.  Can't complain.

I won't be on...not waking up at 6 am in the freezing cold for an RPT.

Semi-excited, I am just gonna sit back and watch all the action. For once.. hehe
uppers.

I'm looking forward to scavenging gear from a few dozen corpses.

Heh. I'm excited as all hell, but... I have to work. I have to be there an hour before it starts, and well.. I just won't get to see a damned thing. I'm still trying to switch shifts with someone...

Wish me luck!
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. As opposed to the last HRPT where I got to play a centre-stage role I think I'll be more an observer this time  - though you never know what can happen  :wink: More than anything I'm always just very interested to see any new development in the gameworld that these days bring along.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: "Boggis"I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. As opposed to the last HRPT where I got to play a centre-stage role I think I'll be more an observer this time  - though you never know what can happen  :wink: More than anything I'm always just very interested to see any new development in the gameworld that these days bring along.

Thank you!

I remain pretty miffed at people who complained about the last HRPT because it wasn't centered around their PC.  All I did was watch some atmospheric echoes and I was caught up in the moment.  Imagine seeing some of those echoes as a real person.  You'd be pretty terrified, IMHO.

During the last hrpt i basically saw all the after effects, some wild echoes, and got to see the carnage afterwards, without being involved at all. And it gave my character stuff to rp on for IG years to come. It was awesome.

Hopefully this hrpt will do the same, whether im in the thick of it or not. Just gimme some good echoes and one easily killable mob that  looks like it was tough to take down. ;)

-Shall be the bluffing hero of Zalanthas!

What time's 3 pm eastern in GMT (the time of the HRPT)?

3pm Eastern is 1900 GMT since they have daylight saving time.  Normally its 2000.
Vettrock

I'm not really that excited, unfortunately.  These days, every new HRPT is starting to seem pretty much like the last one.

I do hope Tuluk bites it though.  It was, in my opinion, a mistake to ever build it into a major civilization center.
Back from a long retirement

Let me announce that my characters death marks the beginning of the dying streak to the mantis! *mutters various crude and vulgar curses*