Registered Killer/Thief

Started by Rindan, November 13, 2002, 01:49:33 AM

I have two questions in regards to the new documentation on Tuluk.

First, if I go up to a Templar and ask him for my thieves license, is he going to snicker at me?  Admittedly, I have not been in Tuluk for some time, but last time I was there, there was no such talk of licensing thieves.

Second, on licensing assassins, what is a valid target to license out on?  Could I get a license on a visiting Kuraci merchant?  Could I get one on a noble advisor?  Is an assassin putting his life in a templars hands when he goes to ask for a license to whack a person, and hoping against hope that the templar doesn't decide it isn't a valid target, throw him in jail, question then kill him?

Great job on the documentation.  The idea of playing a registered thief as a certain appeal should I ever find myself facing the mantis again.

Quote from: "Rindan"
First, if I go up to a Templar and ask him for my thieves license, is he going to snicker at me?  Admittedly, I have not been in Tuluk for some time, but last time I was there, there was no such talk of licensing thieves.

Yes, he probably will.  I believe you need to ask a Lirathan Templar to get a license, and all Lirathan Templars are white robed females.  The red robed male Templars are all members of the Jihaen Order.  This is not in the documentation, but most Tulukis will have noticed it.

QuoteSecond, on licensing assassins, what is a valid target to license out on?  Could I get a license on a visiting Kuraci merchant?  Could I get one on a noble advisor?  Is an assassin putting his life in a templars hands when he goes to ask for a license to whack a person, and hoping against hope that the templar doesn't decide it isn't a valid target, throw him in jail, question then kill him?

Killing Muk Utep, a Templar, or a soldier is Treason, so you will not be able to get a licence for them, obviously.  Everyone else is a valid target, but a license to assassinate a noble or other prominent member of society will be more expensive than a license to kill scum.

What about the 'records' that are kept? Does noble class have access to them?

I'd rather not register that I'm going to assassinate Lord Bottomsworth when his brother, Lord Fancypants, can just check some directory and have ME assassinated.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Carnage"What about the 'records' that are kept? Does noble class have access to them?

I'd rather not register that I'm going to assassinate Lord Bottomsworth when his brother, Lord Fancypants, can just check some directory and have ME assassinated.

Well, chances are it was Lord Fancypants who put the hit out on Lord Bottomsworth.   :twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Wouldn't an official templar registar thing be written in Tatlum?  If it was, it wouldn't matter if they kept the registar in Sanctuary's Entertainment Hall, since only people able to Read/Write Tatlum could read it.  What are they going to do, steal it and smuggle it down to Allanak for their favorite southern templar to translate?   :P

8) Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins