Crash and burn!

Started by Callisto, November 08, 2002, 09:55:13 PM

Is there any way to ensure we don't lose time during a crash? It makes renting a home by date rather difficult, since we rent homes by IC date, but we basicly get paid once per RL week no matter how much time has passed.

I mean the math works out that if a home costs five hundred coins per year, and you're paid two hundred coins per month you can afford to rent it with a hundred coins to spare. That isn't how it works out, since we seem to be losing time and the only way I can account for it when the mud crashes, or reboots after the imm-day.

Since ICly theres no way to explain 'Hey, I can't pay, lost too much time in the crash.' and it wouldn't be fair to demand pay from employers for two months pay when its only been one RL week, fixing this time-loss problem seems to be the ideal solution.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Okay, so if I've got this straight employers paying you is timed by RL time, yet renting a home is based on IC time? Am I the only one who see's this as screwed up? Either renting a home should be based on RL time or employess paying you should be based on IC time. It isn't exactly fair to have 2 seperate paying systems worked out via different time systems.

The only thing I can think of besides that is wait until you earn more to take lost pay's into account.