Wound Lag

Started by Sephiroto, November 08, 2002, 08:38:43 PM

It seems that if you were wounded, the lag for all physical activity would increase proportinately for the amount of wounds you have.  Something like this 100 * (%h/%H) + 100%* Lag.  So if you had 50% of your hp, you would have 50% * 100 + 100= 150% lag time or something like that.

Not sure if the formula works right, but what do you think about the concept.  Does not make sense to me that a critically wounded person could run/ walk/ ride/ fight/ flee as fast.

Factor in adrenaline and we can call it even at where the game currently is.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I'm going to agree with Carnage... Unless you are adding in something good to balance out the bad... Because right now it's how it's supposed to be, hard... Don't need it harder just to be hard... When you have low hit points, your already screwed enough.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Amen to that. Is it me, or have hit points across the board been reduced drastically for characters since a couple years ago? (Which was the last time I played)

This would be cool in certain situations.  Like being knocked down 90% of your hp.  Personally, if that happens you shouldn't be able to get away from whatever did it.

-Dan

Hmm.. I just have to reply to this thread again.

I think it's a bad idea.

If you get knocked down to 10% of your HP and you survive, you deserve to be alive, it seems most the time if you get below 20% there is a very good chance of you dying, because it may not be so but it seems you start sucking at combat when you get hurt, or maybe you just know it better.

It's just another one of those things that "make sense" but would make things unneccessarily hard, I hardly think when there is 50-80 characters applied for each week that the game is too easy, and I myself have enough troubles keeping alive if I get attacked and thats in the times I'm not having troubles staying fed.

The game is already hard, some people don't want it so fucking hard that it can't be played. Maybe if you want it that bad, you can see about getting a copy of the code making the adjustments yourself and hosting your own MUD.

I'm all for things that well acctually make a benefit, that well be something that would increase the fun of the game, but when you make it so you die even more to NPCs then people do already, or so you have to sit around doing nothing for hours on end... It gets alittle rediculous.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Heh, I started this thread some time ago.  Just didnt make since that after getting knocked down to such low hp's that you could run away like a hafling in spice.  My current char has escapted death more than once and has been knocked down to below 20% about twice.  Honestly, I think he should have died, but I took the liberty of running away and moving about bleeding like the impaled body of a pregnant sperm whale.  Maybe instead of the lag I talked about, moving about when being seriously injured could be like failing bandage, you tear your wounds open even more.  Or not..maybe the game is just too hard for people that post 400 messages because they spend too much time posting and not enough on the game.  Or not...?

Maybe you should have just stuck around and got killed instead of doing something completely NOT IC like trying to stay alive. I mean come on, people all the time give up all hope in the middle of an adrenaline boost.

I'm sure if you look around, you'll find plenty of real stories of people who had their legs cut off and was off running on their stubs to try and stay alive.(Have no clue, but it's possible and I've heard plenty of ALOT wierder things people have done when they should acctually be dead)

And acctually, If I got done to somewhere like 20% I would most likely die, because I tend to think if someone is getting the living shit beat out of them they wouldn't stick around so long, and would most likely flee before hand.

And me posting on the board has no dealing with how hard the game is, because I do my main board check and posting before I ever log into the MUD therefor I am completely intent on the MUD not here posting.

Just because some people type slowing or think slowly doesnt' mean I spend all day writing posts. So don't get so cocky. There is plenty of other people that would agree that the game is already pretty damn hard, and there are also plenty of people that would think making even more deaths to mobs would be rather useless, it's much funner to live to have a chance to get tortured and killed by a PC then constantly get slaughtered by NPCs if you go into the wilderness.

Perhaps... It isn't that posting makes the game to hard, maybe it's too easy for people who play constantly, maxing skills and only keeping characters that have good stats and play completly for power?

Creeper
21sters Unite!