Throwing stuff around

Started by creeper386, November 06, 2002, 02:20:26 AM

Okay I was thinking... When subduing someone you can throw them in a direction... Then if you have a throw skill you can throw stuff at other stuff... Is it possible to just throw stuff in a direction? Maybe make a nother generic use of throw that everyone has that lets them throw things...? I'm not talking about throwing things at other characters just throwing them in a certain direction?

Throw that stinky pile of kank crap.. That'll slow them clean freak nobles.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I like that, I've often wanted to throw stuff into other rooms. Especially in the wilderness, just chuck some rocks over a cliff, you know?

But at any rate, if you go and throw crap into the Trader's, there should be a chance it should hit someone right? Or maybe we could just trust the player to pick a random target themselves, because you could always just interperet a throw into a room as brushing past the beads and plopping the poop onto the floor right there.

Good idea creeper :D

I mean... Sure you could RP it and walk it in and drop it in the room... but that'd be lame... It's more of a RP tactic then anything... I know some muds have the shove command but throwing is much funner...

I mean... Lets them half-giants have their game of catch the elf... Just kill of some elf and huck the body back and forth... Be a fun game...

Or just like tossing rocks over a cliff... Or an elf... Yah know... that type of thing...

Creeper

And yes I play elves... I still don't like the thieving little bastards... Hat them all I say!
21sters Unite!

You can throw objects at people in the same room.  It, however, doesn't show whether you hit your target or not.  That's deliberately left up to RP, I believe.  I'm not sure if you can throw objects at people from the other room though.  
However, if you do have the throw skill, you can throw weapons at people from an adjacent room.

I know all that... I'm just saying for non weapons, not throwing the item at someone just throwing it into another room... Sure perhaps someone might RP getting hit with it or something... But it's aways fun to be able to throw things...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Im with Creeper on this, i think we should be able to throw more stuff.  My char tried to show his temper once... by the time i done with the syntax of him trashing the room... well it just lost something in the traslation of him having a fit and him "drop <item> is here, shattered in a million pieces"

I also agree with sophmore newbie and creeper as just a few days ago I emoted being frustrated and annoyed and throwing an item across the room only to have to type drop item is laying here against the wall....sigh
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Really, just dropping an item sucks.  Let us have our generic throw.