Author Topic: Fighting styles, General ideas on skills...  (Read 1539 times)

creeper386

Fighting styles, General ideas on skills...
« on: November 05, 2002, 01:35:25 AM »
Alright... Well thanks to Bhag my gladiator is all set up... But since it's his job it isn't a BIG thanks :D ...

Anyways... Seeing so far my characters have mostly been fighting types... The ones that have lived any amount of reasonable time I'm thinking I've developed a good idea on fighting styles and stuff but I'm not a great emoting combatant or anything...

So I was wondering whats everyones take on different styles... emoting combat skills as well as just emotes about the battle such as normal attacks, misses, hits and the such...

When my character learns from some one specifically I try to take ideas from their teachings to use for emotes... Like when rescuing leading with your weapons and parrying the attackers weapons while moving in between and knocking them back... Or hitting a with a certain part of the weapon for disarming, parrying, making contact and all that...(Some people might know if they are they teacher I've learned alot of my Arm combat from just by that section...)

Well... I was just wondering about peoples ideas/concepts/abstractions are on Arm fighting, everything from general emotes to emoting specific skills... And yes... Sense it's in the RP forum it's about RPing... As in mostly emoting and the such...

Creeper...

Thank you for your replies... I'll have more to post after I steal peoples ideas... Oh... And I think this is a truly completely serious post of mine I got here...
21sters Unite!

nakrat

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 06:02:08 AM »
With fighting styles, i usually vary them from race to race. Giving elves a dance-like style, dwarves a more lumbering tankish type style, humans can be varied alot really. I just associate my emotes with whatever general style they have. Like if a heavier type character kicks, it wont be anything fancy, just a step forward, raising his leg, and planting it in their chest(or attempting to), a more agile person would be open to more flamboyant moves.
Nakrat

It will FUCK you up good *~Kurac

Carnage

• Posting Privileges Revoked
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 08:17:41 AM »
I base it on stats (slow or strong?) and weapon.

Currently, my character is damn fast, and uses daggers. I play them as getting in as many attacks as possible to confuse the opponent, so they can get in through their defenses.

Really, it depends on the stats there, in my opinion. If you've got a super slow character, you can't really play the above. However, you could try playing one who doesn't attack until they've got the perfect opening, and then moves in with hard, vicious strikes.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Fedaykin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 08:34:45 AM »
I'd say I use some of the techniques from above, and also incorporate things froim the fighting styles document which includes different methods of fighting for Northerners and Southerners.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

creeper386

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2002, 07:29:58 PM »
What about for emoting skills and such? Just the basic skills you start with... Disarming, kick, parry, bash and all those... Just basic emotes and such... More general then fitting more with a certain "fighting" style... I'm mostly wondering how everyone views how the skills and such are done...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Gorobei

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 11:00:15 PM »
This is what i do whenever I write any emote:
Fisrt,  imagine exactly what my character is doing.  I do this constantly while I'm playing.  If you can't do this at first, just practice.
Second, whenever my character does something in my mind that's neat, I write it down.  That simple  8)

When I'm fighting, I imagine my character standing, facin his opponent, with his weapons up and all his armor on.  I then play out an abridged version of the battle to myself.  Whenever I kick, disarm, whatever, I imagine how my character can do the move, and the best way to do it.  I may be wrong about what the best way is, but I at least get an emote out of it.