Elves and beards

Started by UnderSeven, January 25, 2004, 01:54:07 PM

Quote from: "Petra"Yes I realize Arm elves are not Tolkien elves, no need to remind me for the 100th time!

Arm elves are not Tolkien elves....my apologies, I just had to. =P

I actually like the idea that some elves may have beards. The fact that people have beards IRL is purely hereditary, based upon our genes. It is not impossible for elves to have beards, AFAIK, in Arm, based on this rule. I don't know...I really like the fact that I -have- seen elves with beards. It adds a bit of uniqueness to their pc's, and diversity to the game.

QuoteJapanese grow facial hair, they just have thinner beards than many other ethnicities. True native Americans on the other hand have no body hair, any you see that do are of mixed ancestry.

Yeah, I've always played as elves having thinner facial and body hair, and that seems to work out alright. Of course, there could be the occassional hairy elven freak, but I think that elves having thin body hair is more elvish and fits.

Hmm maybe another reason why they have beards..
It shows they are smart, I mean, generally old people are smarter then the young and with a whicked beard, you look older.

Or maybe it might be part of their uniform, like houses do. A clan or something of the sort. Lots of ideas.
uppers.