Author Topic: Twinking and the average Armer.  (Read 7837 times)

ShaLeah

Twinking and the average Armer.
« on: December 30, 2003, 11:26:37 AM »
Here I go, thinking again. Don't worry, I'll try and make it brief, okay, so that's probably a lie. So there's a bragging post, there's a worst death post and many people on the bragging post gave their twinkiest moment. I figured, what the hell, let us rejoice in our twinkiness.  Below is my twinkiest moment in game from my perspective, Staff may disagree.  :)

So I have this character that an Imm asked me to make after a death. After said death I spoke to a character I had interactions with and told them who I played. This character asked me if I knew this other character was played by person X. I said I did. That other person told me person X was killed in the same fashion -I- was killed in by person Z. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Person Z is telling me how stupid this person they just killed was, that person being me. :)  
Let's recount.
Players X and Me were killed by Person Z.
Person Y knows both Me and X and informs me that X died by the same hand.
Evil evil IC information spreading.
Well... Person Y tells Person X that I knew who they played and that we both got killed by the same person, Person Z. Person X gets pissed and reports me to the mud for IC information sharing. Believe it or not, we're not at the really twinky part yet.

In comes Imm A, who sends me a "Need to talk to you" thing. I get bitchslapped and am ooc'ly -raging- pissed, both at the Imm A's approach and Persons X and Y. Now, it would be fair to say that I am rather unapproachable when pissed off in real life. I'm one of these "fuck off!" until I calm down types. So after I tell Imm A, in a rather undelicate fashion, that I don't believe anything I say will help make it better cause they already have their mind made up, I blow up. Here comes the twinky part.
After I tell Imm A what I think about them, I leave where I am ICly and attack an NPC templar in hopes to kill off my character, no IC reason, just do, in front of other PC's who look at me like I'm insane. Not one of them helped the templar though... anyway, after the longest fight of my life, I finally end up at minus whatever, passed out, dying, and get dragged off to jail. I'm seething at this point OOCly, sure that Imm A is gonna smite me and ban me and everything. I wake up in what is jail... and walk out... explore a bit... and then walked out of the templar's quarter.  Played the rest of the character's life as if nothing happened.

Voila, what ShaL believes is her twinkiest moment to date.  I still have that log.  :oops:

Beat that!

-She who sometimes can't believe she did that...
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
Quote from: Anonymous
I'm sorry to see that your personal resolution to this went in that direction, but wish you the best.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 12:05:17 PM »
To tell you the truth, I'm always so afraid of upsetting staff that I normally don't do anything with my PCs.

I did have a rather buff Delf warrior PC who made it through a virtual landmine of uber NPCs to another area.  I found a village that I thought was secret and started wandering around, saying hi, not stealing or killing, just saying hi.

Boom, an NPC starts following me, asks me a few questions then I have about literally 20 NPCs all attack me at once.  I at least had the good sense not to flee.

I was later told by Nessalin that I was the first PC in about 5 years to make it there.  That and life is short when you are stupid.

I didn't complain though.  I was treating the NPCs guarding the area with less respect than I would have treated the same number of PCs.

God that delf was buff....

Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 12:31:16 PM »
A long time ago I had a halfbreed walk through the Templars' Quarter in
Allanak.  He got his comeuppance eventually, after being chased around
by a noble.  I was new to the game, but I still knew better.

Dan

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:48:21 PM »
Ness is wrong there CRW, I made it there like a year ago...

Only thing is, I took what I wanted without too much rp on my part. Then found a way to leave, even making it back to more 'civilized' areas.

Suffice to say that it all ended up in Halaster taking my d-elf option and the rest of my karma. Heh, ouch. I like to think that I have 'gotten it' since then, and doubt I would go there again without good reason.

That was probably my twinkiest moment.

Next to using -all- my money with my first character on a bow and arrows, only to walk out to shoot a gortok, finding out the bow was too tough for me. This ensued...

disengage
e
w
s
n
run

*mantis head*

Oh yeah, flee.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

sacac

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 01:43:12 PM »
Ah.. yes.. My second Char.. for some reason the gates to the templar's Quarter was open and noone guarding it,
and I thought "Oh! Wow! Never been in here before.. must be where all the richys live."

Needless to say, After an hour of running and hideing, I was caught... It wasn't pretty.
l armageddon la mia aggiunta.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 01:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "Dan"
Ness is wrong there CRW, I made it there like a year ago...

My tale was from about 2 years ago.  So, NYAH!

Dan

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 01:54:34 PM »
Well... damn it.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Comrade Canadia

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »
I ran House Reynolte for the better part of a year.  I think I win.

-Der Comrade
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

Synthesis

Uber-dwarf.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 02:46:13 PM »
I had a dwarf assassin/guard with pretty uber stats (extreme strength, exceptional agility) back in the day when you could subdue;draw;kill.  He was, for all intents and purposes, a mul when it came to combat.  I probably twinked out the most with this guy.

-This little dude was so tough that, at 4 days, I went afk while shadowing a newbie.  Ten minutes later, I find myself in the desert, with 12 movement points, watching the newbie rest, with gith on every side of us.  I killed the newbie out of pure hatred, then rested up for the long walk back to 'nak.  On the way, I mowed down 3-4 gith.

-I figured out that, not only could you subdue;draw;kill...you could also *drumroll* subdue;draw;BACKSTAB!  I probably instakilled 5-6 PCs that way...in broad daylight...on the city streets.

-Finally, when I got tired of dinking around the 'rinth sparring Iggs, and I couldn't find any Guild PCs to latch on to...I decided to try and join a Noble House and be a super-secret spy type.  I picked Oash, since, naturally, no one would suspect a dwarf working for Oash!  So I get into their compound, do the routine Q & A with one of their PC leaders, and then the leader and another warrior PC start attacking me.  Now, a 10-day assassin vs. 2 warriors usually results in a monkey-stomping session, but I was for all intents and purposes, a mul.  Holding my own, but slowly losing weapons to disarm, I fled and hid inside their GUARD BARRACKS, ha!

I waited around for a few hours for all their PCs to log out, then figured out I couldn't get out of the compound because the damned door was locked.  Furious, I started killing all the NPCs in their Barracks, until I found one who had the key to open the door :)  Buuut, the wily PC leader had left two of the Oashi veteran mercenary NPCs guarding the door, in addition to locking it.  I backstabbed one down to near-death, killed him, hid, then backstabbed the other down to terrible and killed him...then walked right out.  It was about 2 a.m. at this point.

About 10 minutes later, I'm looking through all the loot I got from their barracks and got my well-deserved comeuppance from Nessalin, losing my mul race option  :( .
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Barzalene

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 03:16:49 PM »
My excuse, I was still new:

(This story is saddly boring)
I robbed a sleeping newbie in the dormitory at the gaj. No emotes. Just took his stuff.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 03:27:34 PM »
I skinned an entire bahamet without any emotes whatsoever.

What can I say, I was new. :P
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 03:47:03 PM »
I spammed kick 31 times.

My excuse? I was dead tired and left my finger on the enter button.

Where was I? With an old mul. *heh*
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 03:47:46 PM »
Waita minute...

No. I gotta better one. I played Jerusalem Rivers.

HA!

I win!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Tamarin

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 03:50:26 PM »
I gotta say, I think synthesis takes the cake on this one...
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

__Torax__

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 04:48:16 PM »
Twinkingness? Hrm.. I've got a good one..

One day I was playing an Assassin character, during my newbie time, and I was interacting with another PC who lost his LD. Now, I played a past hack/slash type of MUD that if someone lost link, that was the best time to kill them, and with that said I attempted to kill this LD PC. Now, since I was a newbie and my character blowed, it took me almost 30 mins to finally kill this PC. After about 30 mins, 6 resting times and multiple backstabs I killed him, dragged his corpse away in hopes of not getting caught. However, I did forget about the wonderful VNPCs all over the compound while I was doing this entire thing.

One of the most hilarious moments at the time, and one of my most regretful now. If I could go back and change it, would I? Probably not because that has shown me what I am not supposed to be doing.  :twisted:  :lol:
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Armaddict

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 05:50:24 PM »
I killed a 75 day sorcerer while he was linkdead (I thought he was afk, I allowed a hefty grace period, so I thought I was alright.  Woops!) with a 4 day burglar.

Ouch.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Ueda

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 05:56:20 PM »
A'right my first Char' I have been introduced to the Byn and starting to learn how to do things. I spar a few times, how they tell me, then I see someone I havn't sparred, so I sap her, kill her as a hole group of byners are doing sparring. Then someone starts to push me against the wall wondering what I was thinking. I asked him "Did I win?" so I sap him, get him to bleeding heavily, then someone else attacks me, and I flee the compound. *Shaking his head* I can't believe I did this!
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

creeper386

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 06:49:48 PM »
Myself I can't think of anything really twinky I've done.

The closest would probably be playing off of a newbie's newbieness. Lied to their character that I'd help them just ending up killing them. It wasn't really TOO long ago so I'm not really going into much detail. But either way the dude probably learned running off a rooftop isn't a good idea.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Ayashah

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 07:01:17 PM »
*dregs up her newbie days for her most embarassing memory of twinkiness*

I was on my 3rd pc on ARM. I LOATHED ARM with my first pc and let her get killed on purpose by going linkdead on a trip. (yea, bad but that's isnt bad) My 2nd pc got killed while still in newb clothes when someone convinced me to join BW. Halaster sent me a quick email and told me to submit another d-elf for BW. So I did. Well, this pc lasted a bit longer but I was a NEWBIE and *cough*mudsex*cough*

That being said, my friend had made a loner pc d-elf and we kabitzed that they would hook up. They did and had a wild night of fun. But the more I read the docs and saw the others rp'ng the more I realized I hadnt really been going by the docs for BW. I started to change my rp and who shows up at the fort but loner elf lover demanding to be with my girl. Now what do you do when you KNOW you werent playing by the docs and everyone in the tribe believes you because *gasp* no self respecting BW d-elf would go with a loner, broken ear! I lied my ass off big time IC and he was basically told to bugger off or die.

But it was all good in the end. I learned from ALOT of great rp'rs and I still adore the d-elf race the most. I would adore seeing BW open back up. The loner elf went on to offer his life to some 'force' for vengence. Which was granted. His life was taken and his plague-filled body was left for whomever to find. Eventually it was found, a good while later, right around the time my pc died. I logged in my next pc to instantly contract the plague, got a send from an imm telling me to hold still while they fixed my pc as the 'plague' was running rampant.
 staff member sends:
     "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

Teleri

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 07:47:08 PM »
My twinkiest moment is most likely the time I tried to play an elven burglar, and did pretty well at stealing without once using lockpicking or pickpocketing.  

Back when some keys to a certain noble house's compound (it wasn't me who stole them), I decided to find said compound and take advantage of the situation.  After finding this place, I easily open the door and walk in (not sneak, mind you, just walking) and explore every place that is not guarded.  Eventually, I get around to actually stealing stuff from the compound, using no emotes and paying no attention to any vnpc or npc.  Nobody caught me, and I walked away with a whole lot of expensive, unique stuff that I thought was sort of mildly interesting at the time.  Looking back now after about 2 years, I see that as long as I was being twinky like that, I should have dropped everything I had and cleaned that noble's compound out.  That was some sweet l00t!

I would say that was my twinkiest moment, though there were a couple other times when I stole stuff in the same manner that come pretty close.  It wasn't completely my fault, though, as those unlocked doors were WAY too tempting  :) .

Dakkon Black

• Amazonia Reforestation Project
well
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2003, 08:26:11 PM »
This poor noob, she wanted to join the byn but cause her desc was written like a F-me pc they laughed at her. I did act ICly for my char but I knew deep down inside she was a noob and convinced her all she needed was a fighters licence. And EVERYBODY knows that to get one of those you just fight a templar, and if you win you get a licence. She didnt even have good loot.... sigh.

Theres also the time when I made my sister create a char, then didnt tell her any commands and locker her in a room and spam stole from her.... sigh.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Carnage

• Posting Privileges Revoked
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2003, 08:29:10 PM »
Quote from: "Armaddict"
I killed a 75 day sorcerer while he was linkdead (I thought he was afk, I allowed a hefty grace period, so I thought I was alright.  Woops!) with a 4 day burglar.

Ouch.

If I was the sorceror, I would have broken down and cried.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 09:27:27 PM »
Quote from: "Ueda"
A'right my first Char' I have been introduced to the Byn and starting to learn how to do things. I spar a few times, how they tell me, then I see someone I havn't sparred, so I sap her, kill her as a hole group of byners are doing sparring. Then someone starts to push me against the wall wondering what I was thinking. I asked him "Did I win?" so I sap him, get him to bleeding heavily, then someone else attacks me, and I flee the compound. *Shaking his head* I can't believe I did this!

That was me you shit. Shame on you!  MAN, I was pissed! Everyone's like FLEE! And stupid zMud kept entering my last command PLUS flee tacked on to the end.
Moral of the story, auto clear your input.  :cry:

sacac

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2003, 10:29:26 PM »
Quote from: "Barzalene"
My excuse, I was still new:

(This story is saddly boring)
I robbed a sleeping newbie in the dormitory at the gaj. No emotes. Just took his stuff.

HAH!

My first character had everything stolen from them in the Gaj on my second hour...

Then not knowing Elves where the thief.. I proceeded to tell a templar that a dwarf stole my stuff..

Which almost made me leave this wonderful game :(
But then.. I had to make that other character that had to mow down every dwarf they saw.. even though the PC was scared of everything..
l armageddon la mia aggiunta.

lukie

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2003, 10:47:51 PM »
I robbed an entire orchard.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.