Author Topic: Advertisement  (Read 3110 times)

The7DeadlyVenomz

Advertisement
« on: December 28, 2003, 04:16:32 PM »
Perhaps a flyer, both for the Con and for your local gaming shop?

Like it?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

flashz00

I like
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 04:46:41 PM »
I like it but I think it could use a little background color. All white?
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

Delirium

• Helper
Advertisement
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 05:07:55 PM »
Well, Armageddon is spelled wrong at the top.. :)

I think I'd shift the logo and title over a bit to match up with the picture, and I'd fade them a bit, make them a lighter gray or something, so that they don't look so shockingly bold atop the sandstormy rest of the picture and text.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

crymerci

Advertisement
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 05:45:24 PM »
Ok, to start with, I really like the flier, Venomz.  So don't freak out at all the suggestions I'm going to make.

:arrow: You could put the big 'Armageddon' and logo at the bottom, and have House's picture at the top of the page & text.  

:arrow: You could also consider putting the logo and the big 'Armageddon' together on the same line.

:arrow: I like the idea of making the 'Armageddon' (which is also mis-spelt in the last line  :wink: ) more gray-scale than black.  Either that, or pick a bolder font for the main text so that they don't seem so different.

:arrow: Also, the paragraph that begins "this site" might need to be changed to "our website".

:arrow: Do you think it might be useful to add in anything from this page? http://www.armageddon.org/intro/adpage.html
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The7DeadlyVenomz

Advertisement
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 06:15:23 PM »
Ok. I'll work on alla that. It's not even close to a finished product, and of course I wished input, which is why I posted it here. So don't fear. I won't be shooting any of you at the APM.

Also, should I make one with those little tear-off tags, and one without?

The7DeadlyVenomz

Advertisement
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 06:18:31 PM »
Not trying to be assinine here, but, uhm, House gave me permission to use the picture. Why would I put his picture on the flyer? It's an Armageddon flyer, not a flyer for Dig's artwork.

Angela Christine

Re: I like
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 12:02:11 AM »
Quote from: "flashz00"
I like it but I think it could use a little background color. All white?

The easiest and most effective way to get a good background colour is to use coloured paper.  There are some nice papers out there, sandy looking ones like the background here, and ones that look fancier or more primitive.  If you happen to pay for your own toner it is probably cheaper to buy fancy paper than it is to pay for enough colour toner to completely cover each page.  You can get some pretty nice paper in small batches for under 10 cents a page, paper designed to make resumes or presentations stand out from the run of the mill white bond paper everyone uses.  Paper that has a little character, an unusual weight or texture, is less like to lost in the shuffle.  Especially those little pull tabs,  those things can easily be mistaken for pocket garbage if you don't look closely.

If I could suggest anything, it would be to also make a completely black and white version of the flyer.  That would make it easier to get a good, clear print for people that have monotone or cheap colour printers.  Black and white photocopies are also significantly cheaper than colour ones, at least where I live.  Full colour looks great, but also having a B&W version that is cheap and easy to print out makes it more likely that students and others on limited budgets will make a few for their local gaming shops.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Callisto

Advertisement
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 12:22:59 AM »
Not looking to bring you down, but it looks more like an ad for Final Fantasy then Armageddon. Deep down, we all know that when that helmet comes off, Squall is going to poke his head out and start annoying the fuck out of us.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

The7DeadlyVenomz

Advertisement
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 01:10:21 AM »
HAHA.

sacac

Advertisement
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 01:33:44 AM »
You should add in my Elvish Paradise song.. :)

It will make people laugh and cry..
Then you can make my song better:)
When will it be on the website?
I don't know.. but I love you people..
emote wipes a tear from thier eyes.
I really do..
l armageddon la mia aggiunta.

creeper386

Advertisement
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 01:39:42 AM »
I take offense saying that looks like something for Final Fantasy. For one, it is a more realistic design. For two, the sword is normal and in proportion to the dude wielding it.

Anyways. I saw that sketch someplace else. Really like it. It'd print out good on some cheap recycled paper. Kind that is a light tannish color.

Hmm... I don't think I read all that text. Myself don't think alot of text is always the best way to go most the time. People end up looking at it once and deciding they don't want to waste the extra couple seconds reading the whole thing.

It could work with alittle touch up though. Like spelling the name of the mud correctly.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

The7DeadlyVenomz

Advertisement
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 01:52:54 AM »
I could do a two-three sentence blurb, do the name in archiac print, and cast the entire thing in black-and-white. The logo I could grey-scale and place below the name.

It would look like this.

[The picture]
[Blurb (likely a former doubter and now player's quote)]
[ArmageddonMUD (in archaic script)]
[Logo]
[Visit us at Armageddon.org]

crymerci

Advertisement
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 02:38:45 AM »
Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
Not trying to be assinine here, but, uhm, House gave me permission to use the picture. Why would I put his picture on the flyer? It's an Armageddon flyer, not a flyer for Dig's artwork.

I wasn't talking about putting his photograph anywhere on the flier, if that's what you thought I meant.  I was talking about the artwork when I said 'picture'.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Sanvean

• My Website
Advertisement
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 11:59:13 AM »
The image isn't appearing for me, heh, not sure why. You might want to wait until we have the new logo and incorporate that?

j0ram

Advertisement
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 02:09:30 AM »
Alright... Since it seems that -no one- seems to want to take up charge of the table and advertisement, I will, for now.

However, I'm quite bogged down with all the other stuff I'm trying to handle, so if anyone wants to take this up, please get in touch with me ASAP.

I'll be calling the Con people tomorrow to inquire about a table. Hopefully there are still some slots left.