Author Topic: Multiple computers  (Read 1465 times)

Vositus

Multiple computers
« on: October 28, 2002, 06:10:48 PM »
Quick question...

I play Arm on my computer at home.  I also (on rare occasions) Play at my schools computer.  I use the same character. Is this cheating? Is it wrong?

Feedback would be nice...

Plazgoth

My opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 06:16:12 PM »
No it is not cheating or wrong.  The rule is NO Multiple characters as long as you are playing the same character you should be fine.

I personally play from 2 computers on regular basis. One at home and one at work.

creeper386

Multiple computers
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 06:18:10 PM »
I swear... Does EVERYONE that MUDs have a job with a computer that they spend alot of the time at work MUDding... I know alot of people that do just that... Seems alot of them have cushey coding jobs or something...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

creeper386

Multiple computers
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 06:21:20 PM »
Oh... I would edit my first post but someone might have already read it and would skip over it later...

What if there was more then one person playing from the same computer? Would this be a special case and have to be cleared with the imms and such or what?

Personally noone in my house muds or anything so it's not a problem but from time to time my friends have know to log into muds from each others computers to check up on whats going on... Or maybe someone without a computer I was trying to get to playing Arm for when he does have a computer or something??

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Plazgoth

The short answer: Yup
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 06:21:51 PM »
I would not call it cushy but yeah I have a "coding+" job and I sometimes Arm from work.

When you are married with kids it is hard, at least for, me to play from home. Too many interuptions and I cannot give Arm 100% of my attention. At work, when I finish something ahead of schedule I will dedicate a few hours to Arm playing.  I used to do it a lot more but lately I am getting completly swamped with work, so the only way I can get in Arm play is if I stay late at work.

Sanvean

• My Website
The rules
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 06:42:27 PM »
Each person can have only one account.

The source of the confusion may be that when we (the staff) see different accounts logging in from the same IP, it frightens and confuses us, because someone may be multiplaying.  If you are playing from the same machine as someone else, it's a good idea to email the account with both account names, so we can put notes on them to explain why the IP will be the same.

Usually it's fairly easy to tell if someone's multiplaying: doing things like logging in the second account when the character on the first one dies; using the two accounts to pass equipment or money to one character. It's bad, and it's cheating, and it wastes staff time tracking these down, so just don't do it. Thanks.

lukie

UH-oh...
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2002, 06:51:49 PM »
I have multiple people log on from one IP address for a number of reasons. I also log on from a couple different IP addresses. Time to write up an email!

lukie has lots of computers and lots of people who log onto them. :(
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Carnage

• Posting Privileges Revoked
Whoa
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2002, 07:04:34 PM »
Quote from: "Sanvean"
It's bad, and it's cheating, and it wastes staff time tracking these down, so just don't do it. Thanks.

Uh...did anyone else just picture that scene from The Fugitive, where Tommy Lee Jones has the guy cornered in a pipe or something?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!