Author Topic: Group Membership thread  (Read 3947 times)

Sanvean

• My Website
Group Membership thread
« on: December 19, 2003, 12:16:27 PM »
Post in this thread if you are interested in doing a group membership, which would net you $5 off.

ShaLeah

Group Membership thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 01:13:18 PM »
Count me and Inquisitor in. That's two.  :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Krath

Group Membership thread
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 01:16:19 PM »
Woo woo me too
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Zhaira

• Legend
Group Membership thread
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 01:33:06 PM »
Sure.

DrunkenSalarr

• K's Life on a Platter
Group Membership thread
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 04:11:51 PM »
Group Membership for the Con?

Oh Yes, I'm in.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

j0ram

Group Membership thread
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 04:39:08 PM »
What is involved in getting the badges for the group membership? Badge collection can be quite tricky, especially if you're trying to get it the night before or the first day of the Con (last August had me waiting in line for almost 3 hours).

I'd be all for this if it gave an easy, quick way to get a badge. Otherwise I'll be there Thursday morning with my Ticketmaster stub on the short line.

DrunkenSalarr

• K's Life on a Platter
Group Membership thread
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 05:16:26 PM »
Quote from: "j0ram"
What is involved in getting the badges for the group membership? Badge collection can be quite tricky, especially if you're trying to get it the night before or the first day of the Con (last August had me waiting in line for almost 3 hours).

I'd be all for this if it gave an easy, quick way to get a badge. Otherwise I'll be there Thursday morning with my Ticketmaster stub on the short line.

I believe, but am not certain, that badge pick-up for group rate badges works just like any other pre-reg.  I can confirm this on Monday, but more than likely, I will be there thrusday morning as well.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

SykotikGith

Group Membership thread
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 07:55:42 AM »
Count me too!!!
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz
"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

tortall

Group Membership thread
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 06:09:29 PM »
Discount? Dur! Count me in.

-Tortall
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

crymerci

Group Membership thread
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 07:00:56 PM »
Me as well, please.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

SykotikGith

Group Membership thread
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2004, 06:35:15 AM »
*bump*

When are we going to get the full list together for this? The membership rate will go up to $60 just before Valentines Day. That means group rates will be $55 instead of $45. I don't know about you all, but I'd rather pay the $45...

To get the group membership, we will need to pick one person to mail/fax in the membership forms. We'll need everyone's name and address, and from the way I've read the site, everyone will need to fill out this: Registration Form

I just wanted to remind everyone that time is still passing, and while Dragon Con isn't until September, in the scheme of things, it isn't really that far off. Let's not drop the ball now, we're doing quite well with the brainstorming, let's keep it up!
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz
"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Myrdryn

• Legend
Group Membership thread
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2004, 10:38:33 AM »
Count me in.

-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Sanvean

• My Website
Group Membership thread
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2004, 10:42:31 AM »
I'll collect the group membership forms and send them in at the beginning of February. If you want in, PM me for the address.  Then send me your registration form along with a check for $45 to DragonCon. If you would prefer to use Paypal, lemme know, and we'll work something out.

We need ten people total to qualify for the group membership.

j0ram

Group Membership thread
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2004, 10:51:09 PM »
Have you by chance been able to find out how they handle picking a badge up?

As I mentioned before, the wrong type of badge pickup can put you in line for literaly 3-4 hours. It mainly seems to be the pre-reg lines that are longest, with at-the-door and ticketmaster being the shortest.

Sanvean

• My Website
Group Membership thread
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 07:46:42 PM »
According to the website:

Dragon*Con Registration will be located once again in the Hyatt Regency, in the International Ballroom. From the hotel's main lobby (Peachtree Street level), walk toward the hotel's registration desk. To the right you'll see the hotel's gift shop and a corridor to its right. Take this corridor into the International Tower. You'll come to some elevators and a down-escalator. Go one floor down and you'll see (and probably hear) Registration in the International Ballroom.
If you're entering the hotel from the east (Marriott) side where the pool-deck is, go up one floor on the escalator and follow directions from the lobby, above.
You are considered "pre-registered" if you have already purchased a membership through Ticketmaster, our office, via Paypal, etc. We'll have signs posted for different lines so you can pick up your badge. Be sure to have your confirmation card or sales receipt handy.
At-con membership sales will be handled via a separate line.
Guest/VIP check-in and registration will be located in a separate area in the International Ballroom (typically to the right of the main entrance).
Media and Press credentialing will be handled in our Press Room. Click here for details if you have been credentialed by our Media Relations staff.

Krath

Group Membership thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 10:24:26 AM »
Count POTROAST IN!! WOO WOO! September 4th is also my 23rd birthday. This is going to be awesome!
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Sanvean

• My Website
Group Membership thread
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 07:07:38 PM »
I will be mailing off the group membership forms on February 7th, to make sure they get there by the 15th, when the price goes up.

If you want in on the group membership, the steps are:

1) Print out the registration form and fill it out.
2) Attach a check or money for $45 made out to DragonCon.
3) Mail it to me in a timly fashion so it arrives before 2/7/2004.

I am starting to think we do not have enough people to qualify (ten), since fewer than eight people have mailed me for the address. If on Feb 7 we haven't reached ten, I'll mail back your check/money order and email you to let you know you will need to send the registration yourself.

I have two of the ten in the form of Brixius and myself.

naatok

Naughty Monkey and Mistress Freya
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 10:29:56 AM »
Okay.
Count me in for two reservations for the Con.
Please let us know the situation so I can register accordingly.

Thanks!
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

crymerci

Group Membership thread
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 06:52:19 PM »
Quote from: "SykotikGith"
To get the group membership, we will need to pick one person to mail/fax in the membership forms. We'll need everyone's name and address, and from the way I've read the site, everyone will need to fill out this: Registration Form

I can't get the PDF at that link to come up for me.

EDIT: Got it, finally.  It didn't work until I opened reader seperately and then tried to refresh.  Weird.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.