'm'

Started by EvilRoeSlade, December 14, 2003, 01:41:40 AM

It's short for moan.

So yeah, I can't post in Ask the Staff anymore.  Oh well.
Back from a long retirement

I can't post in AtS either, but I have a theory.  A quick look at the convieniently alphabetized helpfiles reveals two commands that seem likely: Mail and Make

MAIL

The mail command is now obsolete; mail can be read and
sent from the main menu (log on menu)

MAKE

This command allows those with the know-how, to craft raw
materials into finished goods. Currently, rolling smokes is
the only action possible using this command which does not
require the appropriate crafting skill. In order to roll a
cigarette properly, one needs a suitable type of paper, and a
spice to be rolled into it.

This command is also used when pitching tents.

Syntax:
    make <object> <component 1> <component 2> ...

Example:
    > make smoke vellum ginka
    > make tent

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I tried moaning. I got the same message.

Why the hell can't I moan?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

emote moans.

Problem solved.

I think there are bigger fish to fry than moan being disabled from the list of social emotes.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I have you all beat

alias m emote moans

Now we can relax back into the safety of having a moan ready with a single keystroke.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

QuoteWhy the hell can't I moan?

I've noticed Arm blocks a lot of the stock socials from whatever code base it uses, I guess encouraging us to put our own spin on things.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

That, personally, makes me happy. I would, in fact, like to see all socials taken out. In place of any typical social attempt would be the words "See help emote".
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I agree with 7.

The 'smile' social in particular, when directed at others, is very distracting to me. I don't have as much a problem with 'nod' even though I stubbornly refuse to use it, ever, just on general principle.

Heh, lets get rid of the kiss social, and many of you know why.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Some, however, were left in for a reason.  Such as "kiss." left in there because it's just damned funny to see you kiss your enemy instead of kill them.  (actually, I believe it's because Halaster was a butterfingers and kept killing people instead of looking at them)
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Heh, I remember him saying something about that.....But then, simply don't parse the k alone.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "DrunkenSalarr"Some, however, were left in for a reason.  Such as "kiss." left in there because it's just damned funny to see you kiss your enemy instead of kill them.  (actually, I believe it's because Halaster was a butterfingers and kept killing people instead of looking at them)

Make it so you have to type out 'kill'.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Agreed, Kill should be a full type out.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Eh, it's just an easy solution to leave kiss in. It makes you have to type it out. Although personally I just use hit most the time. Or at least try to.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

:lol: You should be required to type 'hit' in order to fight.
On a mud I used to play, some guy went around telling newbies that if they went to the queen's throne room and typed 'hi queen' she'd give them gold, lots of it.... You can guess what happened :twisted:

Quote from: "Mr.Camel":lol: You should be required to type 'hit' in order to fight.
On a mud I used to play, some guy went around telling newbies that if they went to the queen's throne room and typed 'hi queen' she'd give them gold, lots of it.... You can guess what happened :twisted:

A black-robed templar is here.
A commoner is here whimpering as he bows with his face in the sands.

>Hi Templar
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru