Idea about dreams

Started by , December 06, 2003, 02:04:51 AM

Well, everyone on Zalanthas seems to have psionic powers of some sort. And the way is not clearly defined, that I know of. So let's just assume that there is like a huge ocean of physic energy on another level or plane or whatever. When we try and reach someone's mind we navigate the ocean to their mind or not.  It's huge so its hard. Anyway this is just babble, but what I am trying to get at is that perhaps when someone dies, there remains floating around a physic imprint of their lives or brief snatched and remembrances.

My idea is basically this. Every so often at random intervals a player's life is logged for a few minutes or a certain amount of space. Perhaps the prompt is cut out and commands like score. Also perhaps the player has to be asked about it.  Anyway. This small snippet of their lives is stored in the database.

Later, perhaps after the player has been dead for a certain amount of time. A player who is sleeping has a chance, every so often  to receive a glimpse into the past through the ever present connection to the psychic ocean. Perhaps the minimum space between dreams is a RL month etc. Perhaps northerners have a better chance of getting northerner dreams and the races have a better chance of getting dreams from those of their own race.

I think it would be an interesting addition and might have some possibilities  for some good role play. Or not. I like it tho :P Theoretically I think it would be a great idea. I would sleep more trying to get a dream ;).  Oh no! Another Sex dream! Am I a male this time at least??

This would actually be kinda cool. But not for the average PC. I would, in fact, implement this as perhaps a PSI feature for when they sleep. Now that would be...sexy.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

How would this really be implemented?  People don't necessarily clearly remember what they dream, but it is much more likely that you will remember what you read on the screen.  I'd want some factor for garble or such so that people don't learn more than they should.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

QuoteHow would this really be implemented? People don't necessarily clearly remember what they dream, but it is much more likely that you will remember what you read on the screen. I'd want some factor for garble or such so that people don't learn more than they should.

I remember my dreams quite clearly for some hours after I wake. Perhaps whatshisface is right. Only for psionic type pc's. Maybe once per RL year for others. And the point is, its randomly chosen when the info is chosen. So you could get an important  piece of info or mudsex or spam training.  And even then its just a dream. So you remember something that may or may not have happened from twenty some odd years ago.  And as time goes on, the number of dreams goes up or perhaps once a few people dream it,that dream fades or is ejected from the database.

I think it would add possibilities. Make mindbenders even more loathed. What might they know. What might they unearth. Then it would be in the hands of someone who already has high karma.

Maybe for common players their character gets a dream every rl year or so.

make a new class: Seers. Or make it a spell or ability of mindbenders. They go into a long ass trance and they are granted a vision of the past.

And if even started now, who knows how long it'd be before your char died and then a RL passed after that, then the Pc receiving the message has to be alive for so long...ah well.

No.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I think this is getting more complicated than it is worth.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.