Dwarven defects:
Dumb
Slow
Focus

Advantages
Strong

Pseudo Advantages??
Tough (Hp and regen)
I was just thinking that on average a dwarf should have more hps than say the elves d-elves humans and halfbreeds. Not sure is this is the case. I believe that its true of the base races but not d-elf.  Was also wondering how much their regeneration is degraded from the days of yore, well anyone who had a high endurance. Think that Hg's and Dwarves were mentioned as suffering a degrade. Was it ever tweaked upwards again?

Never heard of them as -dumb- before.  :?

Your hit points are modified by your endurance, and since dwarves have high endurance they do tend to have higher hit points.  However, hit points are also effected by a luck when the character is created, so just like with all the other stats you can end up unlucky.

I went and checked a few dwarf PCs in game and this seems to be implemented correctly, though the difference is far more noticeable for, say, a half-giant compared to an elf.

Silly luck. Thanks then.

Also, now dwarves even with high end regen hp at a rate that though faster then say a human, it at times is nearly not noticeable, and half-giants, Heh, it's nearly painful recovering hp with them since they halved regen across the board, which is a change I still don't like since it hurt the High end races more then the low, but hey, we've been through that debate before...dwarves also are not dumb, Half-giants are dumb.

And listing focus as disadvantage, Ha! Far from it.

I've found that all the races are far more strongly advantaged then disadvantaged. True, A dwarf is not going to make a great pickpocket to start, But at least if he does get caught he has a better chance at typing nosave on before being killed then an elf does.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job