Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

One of my character's chased someone around the Barrel with a finger full of snot. I'm very proud of that. Enough time has passed since that happened that I feel I can share it. I just wanted you all to know.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I once started a food fight with a Byn NPC in the Gaj because they were teasing me. The fruit landed on the floor infront of them. It later hit their back, but it was SO funny.

Once my clan imm decided to visit me as a golden kank icly, and my char would talk to this golden kank. Everyone thought she was crazy. I LOVED it. I wish I could do it again. That was my favorite char, and my most favorite imm EVER!!!

One of my chars was given a sandwhich, and since I rped she had never seen one, she called it meatbread. It was a total HG moment. :-D

-Tortall, who thinks the funny moments on Arm are the best.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Once, I had a character in the Oash Elite.  There was this Fale lord, can't remember his name...he was popular...

One time he RP threw a kalan fruit at me.  I RPed something to the effect of:

emote spins on his heel, pulling off his helmet and catching the fruit inside, then bowing deeply to ~lord with a flourish of his azure-stitched cloak.

Every time I entered the room after that, the lord would scream:

"SOMEONE GIVE ME FRUIT!!!"
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

November 24, 2003, 12:00:12 AM #3 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:24:50 PM by Naox
One time I teleported into an unfinished zone.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

That's hilarious if its true.  I'd think they could have prevented that...

November 24, 2003, 12:05:28 AM #5 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:26:20 PM by Naox
It's true.  It was...oh..I think the summer of '99.
I had this magicker.  Teleport.  Went into this new area, and was wandering around...all of a sudden, the room descriptions changed to one line "Not finished, will finish later".

Then...I forget.  Perhaps I wished up, or I got the 'SOMEONE SENDS:  HOW DID YOU GET HERE?'

So, I had to rest and get back my mana.  And then, off I went again, teleported into the mantis zone.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

That suuuuucks.  They should have put you back to your previous spot.

Once, couple months back, I had a riotous time with a PC I hated.

I was playing one of them sneaky types, and had just passed from 'bumbling fool' level stealth up to 'ninja apprentice' level stealth, and so I figured I'd have a good time with it.  This PC I didn't like was starting shit at the bar with some poor new guy, and I, deciding to cause some trouble, waited until the new guy took off.  Then, as the new guy prepped to leave, I, while hidden, prepped something along the lines of:

From somewhere near the door, @ whips a half-eaten belshun fruit over the crowds, sending it sailing towards ~PC-I-didn't-like.

He reacted to it so well that I kind of made a sport of it.  Every time I could, I'd pelt the guy with fruit, while hidden.  Then he became militia... which made it even more fun.  Once, he got so flamingly enraged that he passed out from Way strain, I guess while trying to inform a templar that someone was assaulting him with produce.

Which, naturally, led to me stealing his militia pants.

And then smacking him in the face from across the room with another belshun fruit.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

November 24, 2003, 12:43:39 AM #8 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:26:44 PM by Naox
Heh.  Once, not long after the new and improved super-long roads Tuluk was put in, I made a Tuluk PC.  I decided to go up to Luirs to buy some of my newbie gear, and got killed along the way.  :cry:  Since I was under the two hour limit I got repoped, but I popped into the old starting location.  So I'm wandering around all alone in short-road Tuluk, trying to figure out what is going on.  Eventually some imm took pity on me and sent me back to new Tuluk.  It was funny having a deserted city all to myself though.

Another time, with a magicker, I teleported into a deserted zone.  It looked some some clans super-sekrit hideout, but the problem was that there wasn't a way out.  There was a cliff, but the code wouldn't let you walk off.  There was something that looked like an elevator, but it didn't move.  Creepy.  Then some helpfull imm offered to simulate jumping off the cliff for me, if I wanted to try that.  Foolishly, I said yes, thinking that my magick would protect me from getting hurt but co-incidentially the spell wore off  part way down.  :?  I still wonder what that place had been.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I made it through the entire rebellion in Tuluk.
On the front lines, with a fighting character.
Against the rebels.

I still was a noob. So like... this could have been just now.

Look south

[Far]
A mottled-shell silt horror lies here in the sand.

Think what the drov is a silt-horror                  

Think I'll skin it and see if its worth something

...Moments later...

Need to read the fucking docs
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I made it all the way to nakk without seeing an NPC with my first character after 10 minutes.

I think an Imm made that possible ;)

November 24, 2003, 03:31:28 AM #12 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:27:05 PM by Naox
I've teleported into a sekrit hideout as well, with no way out.

I also had a character that some time (months and months) after the Rebellion found her way into Tuluk, pre-Rebellion.  Twice.

Years ago, lacking the karma for any magickers, I decided to play a ranger who was delusional and thought he was a krathi.  In something like 8 RL hours he managed to talk to more than half the active nobles in Nak, get thrown into the Arena, get made a slave, decide to burn down Trader's with his "krathi" powers as a sacrifice to Suk-Krath and eventually get killed by a Templar.  By a fire based magick, in Traders.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

During the fall of Tuluk (to allanak) I saw a Reynolte cook kill a Nakki Templar with a Spoon.

I made a Nakki Templar cry, ran across rooftops in Old Tuluk, spiced it up with J'karr and killed alot of people before I was 18.

and lastly, I walked once as a HG, (circa 1995ish) from Tuluk, heading south and west not knowing where the filth I was, till suddenly I was mucking about in some silt stuff, and this thing started whipping me... Now that was intersting

Lets see....
A funny moment...
I've got so -many-

Hrm...

Well one time I took a piss inside the Nenyuk Bank in Tuluk with a few PCs around...

Hrm..

When I was a Kadian, I banged another Kadian Hunter in the Gardens which happen to make it to the IC Board.

Hrm...

When I was a newbie, I took a 2day warrior against a HG thinking I could win.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

A very young half-giant tried to teach my burglar PC how to pick pockets. This big hulking brute managed to steal a basket without my noticing almost every time, and plant it back in my inventory whenever I noticed it was missing. Eventually I got just barely good enough to steal a basket from the sekrit clan boss when he was idling in the sekrit place. Good thing he wasn't paying attention at the time, or he'd have killed me a lot sooner than he did :)

one time.. at burglar camp..
I asked a templar to teach me the ways of stealing.
So he told me he was gonna look <-- this way and I'll go behind him and steal some coins.
I tried.. Was used as a training dummy for a couple of weeks...
until He turned me into a beefy spy.. and K.o.ed me with a right hook.. where I fell unconcius and someone was fondling me.. Then they restrained me and beat me up some more.. They let me go, I stumbled into a bar, and two guards grabbed me and killed me. :)
I love this game...

Still waiting for a decision,
       sacac
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

I've survived an HPRT.....

WITHOUT A SCRATCH!!!! NOTHING!!!! And considering I was playing like a 2day warrior and a bunch of people around me were killed...amazing!!!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I have realized that one of my PCs may have been indirectly responsible for begining or perpetuating the chain reaction of events that has recently turned Luir's Outpost into a giant smoking crater during the last HRPT.

Maybe. Possibly. Probably not, but there's a chance.

SO SUCK ON THAT!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I had a merchant skillset, noble's aide character that got told he was going to get some combat training...and held his own against someone that had been a guard in the house for 3 IG years...wearing all of his silks and no armor.

I had a less-than-one-day character that fell off a building when trying to climb it in the 'Rinth...I walked off the side of the building, forgetting to 'look' in the direction I was heading before actually moving there.  Anyway, I feel off the building and ended up with 1 hp and 1 stun...RP'd it out as falling on my head and stumbled a couple rooms along, looking for somewhere to rest up and get some regenning in.  I walked into a room and all of a sudden got jumped by these three guys, and I survived by fleeing without getting touched.  I made it all the way out of the 'Rinth and into a civilized area...and walked across the path of a militia NPC who tried to arrest me for something I'd forgotten about before going roof hopping.  Well...we can all see where this one is going.  I passed my save for being subdued, so he drew his weapons and slaughtered me like the 'Rinth scum I was.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I kicked the Dragon in the tail and ran.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Quote from: "Dirr"I kicked the Dragon in the tail and ran.

I kicked the Dragon in the groin... But i forgot to run...
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I've got a few...

Back in the days when there was still a limbo when you died in the first couple hours, I accidently typed something and ended up in the middle of a desert...some rooms away I find two tents with tons of the best equipment in the game.  I donned most of it, killed some gith child running around (this was when i was still a newbie, needless to say) then found another tent...went inside and was attacked by an uber gith wielding a damn nice axe...welcome to armageddon.

Helped to take out a sewage horror who decided to roam the north road, just north of Liurs(was skinned for a silt-horror shell).

Met a winged-demon who didn't like to be disturbed....Welcome to armageddon...

Fought a roc of all things and succeeded in stealing a couple feathers before getting my ass handed to me in a paper bag...

Got lost in the tablelands back in the day and succeeded in running around for a while with an entire gith army a few steps behind me...found the shield wall and paused just long enough to see a screen-full of spears arriving in from the north...welcome to armageddon

heh

:lol:
I think my favorite moment of all, even though it was partially OOC
was when my clan leader told me to set up a base for the clan in Mal
Krian.  There are no places to rest in Mal Krian so he told us he'd paid
for a place for us to stay in a whorehouse.  He also gave us 5000 'sid.
     When we quit out that first night the mud crashed.  It was down for
a number of months.   Six months I believe.  This was in '96 '97 some
where around there.  Anyways, the mud finally came up and we woke
up in the whorehouse, however it had rebooted to a time before we had
been given the 'sid.  AND the clock was still running so our characters
were seven years older.  
     We decided to play it out that our boss had left us in the whorehouse and seven years later we popped out 5000 sid shorter.  Man, was he
upset with us.

I still remember that as an awesome moment in arm.
Tarkas
the giant ptyradactyl barbarian.

Lol... though I think if Arm crashed now, and stayed down for six months, I'd cry.   :cry:

The heroin-eyed youth hugs his crackageddon tightly.
Murder your darlings.