Season code?

Started by Lotion, October 01, 2020, 07:52:49 AM

I've heard from many people that animals will behave differently, plants will move around, and other stuff changes depending on the time of year but I've never heard of anyone interacting with this code with strong intentionality in a meaningful way.
Is there anyone who has that is also able to share without giving spoilers?

I'm pretty sure chalton have some seasonal behavior change, though I couldn't tell you which season does what.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Provides opportunity for "real guides" in the wasteland that know shit like migratory patterns, mating seasons and herb seasons, some illnesses have seasons too!

For plants that move.. some, at least one, is not easy to get to. So if you go at the wrong time and it's not in season? well oh well all that work for nothing. It helps keep some things more secret in that sense, because even if someone finds out about where you went for this or that, there's like a 66% chance they go there and look, and nothing is there. Because it ain't in season.

Absolutely there are seasons. And, many tribes follow them. I think there are coded things involved, but I could be imagining. You see a lot of Carru around, or anything else, "It's rutting season!" Also, the month names are always nice to include with rp, whether or not are coded.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

October 02, 2020, 10:03:17 AM #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:07:22 AM by triste
Posted in the wrong thread, oops. The perils of being busy and posting from your phone.

UUUUuuuh. I love chalton season. Yes, more seasons.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Mmm delicious chalton season.

I'm fairly sure the entire tablelands has animal migrations that are pretty interesting! Seeing turaal in certain areas gets pretty funny.