Easy Minor Adjustments

Started by DesertT, July 18, 2020, 06:37:53 PM

July 18, 2020, 06:37:53 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:59:18 PM by DesertT
Could we get a few touch-ups to the following Extended Subclasses:

Master Tailor:  Add Advanced Tent Making
Or Journeyman.  Could possibly trade it out for Tanning.  Just seems to make a little sense if you're going to have a tailor, that they'd have some knowledge in sewing up a tent.  And No, I don't think they need lumberjacking too or woodworking.  The Helpfile already says they have a prowess with a needle and thread.

Master Chef:  Add Mastercraft Toolmaking
I feel like Master Chefs, in this type of environment, should be able to make their own cooking utensils, especially since they already know what they want their tools to do.

Roughrider:  Add Advanced Direction Sense
QuoteBorn with an innate rapport with riding beasts of all kinds, the Roughrider is well versed in travelling and caring for these beasts. They are known to be able to lead a string of a couple of mounts that they have tamed themselves into the cities for sale. Combat from atop their mounts is not unknown to them, and they can charge their opponents to place them at a disadvantage.
If Roughrider needs to lose the ability to tame mounts in order to make this happen, that's fine.  With a Roughrider having Advanced Ride and Advanced Charge, along with the ability to tame and hitch two mounts, it just seems like they're more of an outdoorsy type, so having some measure of Direction Sense would seem to make sense to me.

Wastelander:  Add Advanced Climb, Advanced Scan (Wilderness) & Advanced Forage
QuoteUsed to making do without the trappings of civilization, the Wastelander is able to live in the wilderness for extended periods of time. They are known to be able to navigate the storms whipping through the deserts. They can sustain themselves with food that they find while foraging. Most know at least some Bendune, the common tongue of the most commonly encountered tribal cultures in the wastes.
If they're so use to making do outside of civilization, it would seem to me that they know how to get around the wastelands as well, so adding climb, scan, and a higher forage ability would make this sub-class more useful.  Yes, quitting out anywhere repeatedly is super convenient, but we can already do that every other time with Quit OOC, then just go to any number of quit rooms to reset.  I wouldn't mind if they had to drop Bendune for these additions.  Adding Listen (Wilderness) at Advanced wouldn't be bad either, but I'm not trying to push it.  ;)

OR - Combine Roughrider and Wastelander and drop the Bendune?
Since currenly, the only real perks for picking Wastelander are that you can wilderness quit and have direction sense.  If you're selecting Wastelander as a sub-class, I wonder what the odds are of you selecting a tribal location upon chargen so you get Bendune anyway.

Anyway, those are my proposals.

Thank-you for your consideration!!

ETA:  Oh Yeah!!  And can we consider adding CHARGE to the Threaten options?  That would seem to be a fine option for a Raider.   ;D
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I think the ideas all around can only really add to the game, as they are proposed. Considering the fact they are 1 karma required, the subguilds deserve a little extra love and oomph to give better dynamics to roles.

What I want to know is why Bard (0 karma) has a buff to learning languages, but minstrel, it's 1 karma counterpart, does not.

This makes no sense!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

We have three karma mundane city stealth option.

I would love to see more mundane wilderness stealth options. Perhaps Wastelander could drop bendune and pick up some stealth.

Maybe not provide better skills like outdoorsman but maybe the stealth flags like hunter might be giving. Not sure if its a typo though with the sub-guild from the days it did give stealth.

QuoteHunter stealth and hunting are specialized for wilderness environments.

Quote from: Dresan on July 21, 2020, 08:53:24 AM
Maybe not provide better skills like outdoorsman but maybe the stealth flags like hunter might be giving. Not sure if its a typo though with the sub-guild from the days it did give stealth.

QuoteHunter stealth and hunting are specialized for wilderness environments.

It does give stealth in the outdoors and is not a typo, at least as of the last time I played a hunter. I have plans to update my app to render this more clearly but I have been busy AF. But plan is to render indoor/outdoor stealth specialization in the perk section separate from the skills themselves.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Fairly sure there are subs that grant the flags for wilderness/city stealth without actually giving hide or sneak and that's intentional. I seem to remember Brokkr stating as such.