In-game lag even with high speed internet

Started by Incognito, July 11, 2020, 10:04:02 AM

I've got a high-speed fibre connection with 250Mbps upload and 25Mbps download speed.

I still seem to be lagging real bad on Arm, of late (and this never used to happen to me before), whereas downloads, streaming and browsing is working super fine.

Could someone please suggest to me some diagnostics/tests I could run to check why I have this problem?

And any solution that I could implement either directly on my PC or through CMud?

Thanks
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

I've noticed that there seems to be more delay in game than there used to be when I input commands, too. So, it might not be your computer.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

I have a great connection, and everything else in my life works fine - but Arm just lags all the time now. I don't remember that happening before. Pretty much after every command I put in, sometimes worse, sometimes better. It's stranger to me because pinging armageddon.org doesn't ever show any variance (unless it's a huge lag spike, then there'll be dropped packets).
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

A small portion of the lag in Armageddon comes from (maybe depending on the client) the game not supporting GA or EOR line endings. The client waits for the game to be done sending data before it processes things, instead of the game telling the client it is done sending, and that can contribute at least 50-100ms of lag. The rest is either server lag or just the game running slowly, I assume.